[Mission Feedback] Clergyman

Kill your comrades. Wholesale
Wilson

[Mission Feedback] Clergyman

Post by Wilson »

Just thought I'd put this up and see what people had to suggest if anything at all, kind of rushed version 5 so will take a little longer with v6.

Other than the stupidity of A3 FTL on NAPA being an AI and I shall add the BMP-2 into Admin at briefing for NAPA.

Post your suggestions.

Mamuto

Re: [Mission Feedback] Clergyman

Post by Mamuto »

Maybe consider expanding/ moving the AO. Both times I've played it, defenders would have loved to be a the top of the northwestern hill, but currently the redline is midway up the slope. The other piece to this is that attackers will rarely if ever choose to attack from the east, it's all open ground and easy to defend.

Other than that, I love the crazy gunfights that happen at the church. I was in the middle of the defense this past Sunday and my god was it intense. Awesome job!

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I understand where you are coming from. I expanded the AO to the NE in the version we played Sunday so the defenders could get to the top of that slope. Only problem I see happening with expanding the AO even more to the NW, it gives the defenders the chance to defend the church from a distance, and what I went for was fighting in the town and around the church. I can imagine the attackers just getting mowed down from distance when approaching the church if it was expanded.

I'm yet to defend on it yet but from what I've seen in spectate mode at the church, the final battle is always a bit crazy, resulting in a lot of confusion and death...exactly what I wanted really!

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Last time I was in the NW corner we couldn't see anything because of all the trees. I am hesitating to suggest thicker fog since it was already so foggy when Bravo got annihilated :)

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

If I may, the "light" fog already precludes defending the church from a distance, even for the BMPs. Giving people the option of terrain makes it less arbitrarily limited by a big red line - any elements placed out there will quickly realize that they can't actually tell what's going on at the church. If the fog doesn't seem like enough of a hindrance, just up it to "heavy" and watch the close in melee mess that ensues.

A fight over key terrain (the commanding ridgeline) can end up being as nasty as a fight over the church too!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I'll take a look. But the weather and time of day is chosen as a parameter though so there may not always be fog. I just like the mayhem that ensues due to the tightness. It has a 30 minute timer after all to keep thing quick and spicy!

I'm all ears for constructive though, so certainly won't dismiss anyone's thoughts.