If you're looking for a convenient way to launch ARMA with ADDONS check out Head's A3 and A2 Launcher.
- - Map plus - makes the ingame map so much better
- mk4_mapinfo - displays heightmap and ASL on the map screen
- mk_hudInfo - shows you who's riding in your vehicle and who enters/exits
- GDT Compass (less glare, I like the white one)
- Digital Compass - displays your bearing in the upper left. use carefully as others won't be that quick with bearings
- TrueUser - improves a lot of things about the HUD but make sure to remove the components you don't want (e.g. the changed crosshairs)
- switch between grenades and your main weapon with a single keystroke (curtesy of our very own Black Mamba)
- - JSRS Soundmod + Patch- everything sounds better
- mk4_nvAdjust - rarely necessary but good to have sometimes
- mk4_ATSightsGuide - not using it that much but it's a great ressource if you're not that experienced with AT
- WarFX: Blastcore - this makes ArmA prettier but also alters the way *you* see the smoke of smoke grenades etc. This means that you'll perceive smoke as covering an area where other people might not.
- - Invasion44 - WW2
- Unsung - Vietnam
- Forgotten Few Addon Compilation - this file includes all the addons you need to play the excellent Forgotten Few Dynamic Campaign in all it's glory. Includes a ton of new Russian units/weapons as well as some new guerilla factions.
- - Mike's TS3 whisper plugin - improves TS3 CC by putting it on one ear and adding (optional) mic clicks