Clientside addons compatible with FA

All Party-approved topics welcome
Dogface

Re: Clientside addons compatible with FA

Post by Dogface »

I like Six Updater myself. The GUI is basically terrible and it's horribly slow, but if you can deal with that it's really good at automagically updating all your mods, managing different mod-sets, and configuring launch options.

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

Got the Spirited Machine working once I'd been steered towards:

1. The correct @CBA package for Stable OA.

2. When the launched opens a tab in the task bar, but nothing appear, right click on it's logo in the status bar section and select "Reset window"

I also removed all the launch options stored in Steam for OA, BAF and PMC as the launcher has these options.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Dogface wrote:I like Six Updater myself. The GUI is basically terrible and it's horribly slow, but if you can deal with that it's really good at automagically updating all your mods, managing different mod-sets, and configuring launch options.
Why not use play withsix? It has an updated UI and you can connect to servers directly when using it (it'll also download all addons required by that server)

Cuddlefish

Post by Cuddlefish »

While I can't speak for Dogface, I use it because it's what I already have and it works well enough for me. Inertia is a powerful thing.

m0ntag

Post by m0ntag »

I personally use Spirited Machine at any time that I'm using mods. Very clean, super simple, lots of little customisations, and you can guarantee that it runs through Steam if you care about getting the Steam Community and hours logged and whatnot.

The main reason I recommend it is the folders and commandline. The command line is handled for you entirely but you can still directly edit it, should you need. And all mods (that use the '@modname' format) can be arranged into folders. From there, you can individually toggle activation for mods, whole folders, all mods in general, etc. Super duper useful. For example, I have a Terrain folder which contains all the extra terrains, an ACE folder, an ACRE folder, a folder for miscellaneous, and one called 'Essentials' which just contains ST_hud and ST_movement. /end ramble

So, yes. Spirited Machine is really good if you use lots of mods. :)

m0ntag
I don't like the term 'Medic'. I prefer 'Fun Enabler' or 'Maximum Fun Ensurance Counselor'. What's more fun than being shot once? Being shot twice.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/m0ntag
whitesymphonia wrote:I know that I can count on m0ntag to save my ass when wounded...

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Crosstalk is a neat plugin which puts speakers in differnet places (part left ear, part right ear, etc.) when people are talking at the same time. It also lowers the volume of your channel when someone is whispering to you, and puts it in your right or left ear (customizable). It's a more enhanced version of a plugin earlier in this thread, and might be worth checking out.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Which version of CBA is currently recommended?
The link on the first page of this thread is to CBA 1.0.1pre2, which throws up some errors at launch, but otherwise behaves it self seemingly OK.

Is v.0.8.3 the way to go? And if so could somebody edit the first post in this thread to reflect that?

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Version 1.0.0 is the correct one; https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/down ... .0pre10.7z
SixUpdater gives you the correct ones :P

Phoenix49

Post by Phoenix49 »

I will be trying out Grizzly's recommendation for Crosstalk, it seems easily customizable and I always liked ear-specific channels in ACRE. Since the vanilla server doesn't run ACRE, I hope it's an acceptable clientside substitute!

Nothun

Post by Nothun »

Hi Comrades!

I found a nice mod on Armaholic, ClienSide and it's quite cool.

GDT Mod Grass
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6628

It changes the Grass in Chernarus and Utes, i get a better Performance and better visuals.

It should be compatible with FA, can anybody confirm this before I muck up the server next time I join?

Thanks!
Nothun
"We all make mistakes, just none as grave as yours" -Spitnam after a Blue on Blue

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nothun/