It's been fun

All Party-approved topics welcome
thekev506

It's been fun

Post by thekev506 »

But unfortunately I've got to hang up my flak jacket. Yesterday was meant to be my final session, but I couldn't make it because of having friends and family around.

I'm starting my new teaching job next week which is taking me to far flung lands, and as my travel laptop is a tiny little netbook I'm going to have to give up my FA sessions for the foreseeable future, as I won't be home again until the end of September - I'm starting a blog about it, so I'll add it to my signature on here. By the time I'm back ARMA 3 will be out unless something's gone horribly wrong, and I'm not sure how well my rig would handle that game, so it might be a while longer until I can jump back in again.

It's been great fun, I've never been made to feel like 'the new guy' or inferior, the workshops definitely improved my skills (I'll never look at pies and the slicing of them the same again), and there were some real 'wow' moments along the lines in the sessions.

Happy new year, guys. Have fun, I'll catch up you with you soon.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

fer

Re: It's been fun

Post by fer »

Sorry to hear you won't be with us in the trenches for a while, but excited for you - an opportunity to work abroad (I'm guessing?) is always worth taking. Assuming you're still able to reach the forum, please keep us updated. It's been a pleasure fighting and dying (mostly dying) alongside you, and I'm sure there will always be an AK set aside with your name on it. By the time you return we may even have worked out how to staple some kind of optics to it.

Safe travels!

:v:

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Kev! Sad to see you go :(

Good luck and have fun!

zitron

Post by zitron »

:cry:

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

fer wrote:an opportunity to work abroad (I'm guessing?) is always worth taking.
Yup, abroad it is :D off to the Czech Republic to teach English at a school just south of Prague. If anyone would like me to pass any messages on to BI just let me know ;)
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Too bad to see you leave..
But make sure you post a link to that blog dude, I will surely check it out :D
Fer, I'm sure our superior engineers can figure out a way to attach binoculars to an AK. Some duct tape might be involved so Kev pick it up from foreign and exotic lands, will you?
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Was always a pleasure having you around. Enjoy your travels and see you in September!

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

Kev, it's been an absolute pleasure playing with you (especially the part where you were pogoing on a crane in the dead of night. Hilarious stuff!). I wish you the best of luck over in the Czech Republic, and hope to play with you again soon. Have a good one man!

Strang

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Good luck Kev - I'm sure we'll still be here when you get back!

m0ntag

Post by m0ntag »

It's sad to see you go but I wish you the best of luck and hope you can return to be with us again. Fare thee well. 'til next time.

m0ntag
I don't like the term 'Medic'. I prefer 'Fun Enabler' or 'Maximum Fun Ensurance Counselor'. What's more fun than being shot once? Being shot twice.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/m0ntag
whitesymphonia wrote:I know that I can count on m0ntag to save my ass when wounded...