Time zones and the like.

All Party-approved topics welcome
Moloko

Time zones and the like.

Post by Moloko »

So I guess it's clear that I'm not quite a member here yet, which makes me unsure if it's even really appropriate to be posting on the forums or anything, but I'd like to say that I've been a pretty devout reader of RPS since I discovered the site and after a few past failed attempts to get into the game, I finally found myself deep into ARMA 2 this Spring and I've been playing it rather consistently since, although only in small groups with my friends doing co-op missions, domination, and whatever else the game offers to a small group of players, wasteland more lately, while I've absolutely fallen in love with the game, seeing just how much it offers in terms of pretty much anything I could ever imagine or wish for.

Knowing this, I'd always wanted to get myself involved in a larger and more organized group, and doing all of the large scale stuff the game has to offer that I've yet to dip my toes into, along with keeping with my friends so I can have fun with them, but a lot of the commitments or strictness I saw in them led me to a lot of uncertainty with such groups, so I mostly held off all of that, although seeing RPS' year end post for this group and checking it all out, I figured this place looked awesome and pretty perfect for what I was looking for, although sadly, I found that the one thing that I presumed would be an issue for me did rear it's head when I was reading the description stickies, being that I can hardly get myself, let alone any of my friends ready to play games in the afternoon, almost all of us being in America.

I guess it's a huge wall of text for a simple question which wasn't answered for me in the sticky, especially when I assume that there are probably a lot of other people living in the American time zones, if that the Folk RPS group does a lot of events and missions at times that would be in the evening or night over here?

Bodge

Re: Time zones and the like.

Post by Bodge »

Hey Moloko,

The sessions take place at 19:30 UK time so that would be at 11am PST or 2pm Eastern time. Those sessions tend to run for 3-4 hours depending on how stuff goes and you can come and go at any point. This means for American types the Sunday session is generally easier to get to, but if someone wants to play at a different time they are welcome to make use of the servers and use the forums/skype/steam chat (RPS steam chat has someone in more often than not).

Basically you could probably make Sunday sessions or the tail end of tuesdays if you are working. Alternatively organise games with anyone that is around there are the other people in similar time zones and also the European night owls, hopefully that answers the question and I hope to see you in game at some point in the future, we have a few people from across the pond and they find ways to play with us.

Kefirz

Re: Time zones and the like.

Post by Kefirz »

I want to agree with Bodge, there are plenty of people in the steam chat, and once in a while we organize some spontaneous sessions. But yeah, those times are mainly meant for Europeans. (Brits really :D )

P.S Your name is a bit interesting, I didn't think that people in America are so..... into Russia :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott