Joint Sunday Session w/ Project Awesome?

All Party-approved topics welcome
Macaco

Re: Joint Sunday Session w/ Project Awesome?

Post by Macaco »

Why don't you just say "Hey guys, every Sunday and Tuesday I play with this great group of guys. You should come join, all are welcome!"

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

A joint session in the future (long term or short term) allows us to properly explain FA using the archaic subreddit system and get far more people coming. It's difficult to keep people aware they are welcome with FA due to horrificly short memories and a strong no-recruitment policy that i'd much rather stayed intact.
The problem with a proper joint session (as we had with CIA and PA) is that it requires the host to plan ahead and to prepare a mission as the centerpiece, as most of our missions are intended to be played <60 people.

As said, PA regulars (and everyone else for that matter) are welcome to join on the regular session but to turn a regular FA session into a FA + X joint session it requires more than designating a date.

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

I think mission player count is something we've been running into a bit more recently, even with out the joint session. I think a sunday or two ago we had as many in the regular session as we did in the joint session. Need bigger missions. Which often means more ADV, as default orbat only has space for about 60 per side (unless you have two sides such as USMC and BAF, but that might be too far the other way), and having enough AI to fight off 60+ people puts a higher load on the server.

That's my two cents anyways. I'm probably missing a point of view.

fer

Post by fer »

Comrade Macaco, those are excellent observations, and ones which are very much on the hosts' radar. As comrade Wolfenswan points out, ensuring a JO runs smoothly and features appropriate missions requires planning and preparatory work. Rumour has it that comrade SpecialSoup is in an embassy dining room at this very moment, enjoying expensive imported cigars and conducting discussions with Politburo members on a future JO. However, I can neither confirm nor deny that rumour at this present time. Brushes cigar ash off his jacket.

:v:

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

fer wrote: Brushes cigar ash off his jacket.
What happened to the guy who's only job it was to do specifically that?

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

wolfenswan wrote:
fer wrote: Brushes cigar ash off his jacket.
What happened to the guy who's only job it was to do specifically that?
I quit :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott