Joint Sunday Session w/ Project Awesome?

All Party-approved topics welcome
SpecialSoup

Joint Sunday Session w/ Project Awesome?

Post by SpecialSoup »

Project Awesome would be interested in having their guys 'officially' invited over for another joint session. Hopefully we can get more continuing to attend the Sunday sessions on a regular basis.

If possible, can we keep the discussion and questions in this thread. I'll make sure the PA admins are registered on the FA forums.

Thanks, Soup.

SuperU

Re: Joint Sunday Session w/ Project Awesome?

Post by SuperU »

Sounds good, its been fun playing with them on their sessions, should be good to play with some of them on ours too!

Tsumei

Post by Tsumei »

Sunday's going to be big I guess :jihad:

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

We've certainly got more joint-ops on the mind after the rip-roaring success of January 6th, but there needn't be a formal invitation at all for PA folk to join FA's sessions! In fact, I'm quite certain a number of you fine folks in PA already do, and I know for a fact that a lot of FA regulars hop over to PA-land fairly often. It's great to look for the different experience!

But more to the point - another official Joint Session will happen, rest assured of that!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

fer

Post by fer »

As comrade Ferrard Carson states, the open nature of FA means that PA players (and those from other communities) are always welcome in our sessions - there's no requirement to wait for a formal joint operation (JO). That doesn't mean the concept of a JO is defunct, since it involves carefully crafted missions and more preparation.
SpecialSoup wrote:I'll make sure the PA admins are registered on the FA forums.
The good news is that several are already here, and we also chat with them and others in their team on Skype; as part of the behind-the-scenes planning for the January JO we were able to establish some great links, mirroring the ones we enjoy with communities like CiA, Tier 1 and LDDK. Reports of secret embassies where diplomatic officials throw wild parties and enjoy foodstuffs and liquor unavailable to regular comrades are a fabrication of anti-revolutionary elements. Mostly.

To echo my fellow host once more, we have more JOs planned, not just with PA but with other communities with which FA has ties. If you look back at the AARs sub-forum you'll hopefully see that JOs have always been big part of our approach, and that's something the FA hosts team plans to continue. Keep an eye on the forums, comrades!

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

By the way, any procedure to join a PA session? When do those happen? I'd happily bring myself to play with those dudes sometime!

Cam

Post by Cam »

There's no procedure, no, there are sign-ups for the first mission on Saturday, if you're interested in retaining a specific slot, but otherwise, it's very similar to Folk sessions in how we run it (but much less organised :P). The main events are on Friday and Saturday, 8pm GMT starts for both, with Friday being a much more laid-back affair, and Saturday being our "big-game" (for us) night.

I believe that there's currently a time-conflict between the Folk ACE/ACRE night on Saturday's and our Sat events, so I wouldn't want to dissuade any of you from playing with your own guys, we usually keep playing for at least 4 hours after the start of events anyway, so I imagine most of the Americans can turn up to both with little trouble.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Do you have a link to all the details etc?

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

I'm a horrible person with a dirty mind. Every time I see "JO session" my first thought is "jerk off session". I blame that danm JO on trains craigslist picture that is floating around the internet. Before that I didn't even know what JO meant.

SpecialSoup

Post by SpecialSoup »

Fer / Ferrard, I can't quote your posts from this silly device, so you'll have to imagine i'm doing it.

PA guys are obviously more than welcome to come to FA sessions, but the issue is a lot of guys lack awareness that the sessions even exist and considerably more FA guys contribute to PA than the other way around.

A joint session in the future (long term or short term) allows us to properly explain FA using the archaic subreddit system and get far more people coming. It's difficult to keep people aware they are welcome with FA due to horrificly short memories and a strong no-recruitment policy that i'd much rather stayed intact.

For those looking for PA details, it's all on the sidebar at www.reddit.com/r/projectawesome