Quick Addon - Switch to grenades

All Party-approved topics welcome
Black Mamba

Quick Addon - Switch to grenades

Post by Black Mamba »

I didn't want to release that so early as it's a part of a bigger project I had (currently on hold due to unimplemented engine commands), but here goes, as I seeem to remember somebody asking for this stuff.

So basically a very unfinished addon that allows you to bind a key to your grenades. Note that it won't allow you to actually throw the grenade, just to switch immediately to the grenades, and back to the previous weapon.
It still has some big limitations: It seems it can't be bound to a mouse button (or at least not in a reliable fashion), and switching back to your weapon won't remember what firemode you were in.
Still, it feels better than going all the way across all your weapons to me.

DropBox Link.

As usual, don't hold me responsible if it breaks all of your shit (which it shouldn't), feel free to use/modify/whatever, it's probably not a good idea to release this outside FA as it's not very polished.
It needs CBA and is not signed at the moment.
How to use:
Stick that in whatever mod folder you want.
Launch your game with that mode.
Go to options, controls, Custom Controls. Bind whatever kb key to Use Action 20;
When in-game, press that key once to switch to your HE nades. Press it again to go back to whatever weapon you were using before.

Black Mamba

Re: Quick Addon - Switch to grenades

Post by Black Mamba »

By the way, I'll give you plenty of love if you help me out on this by upvoting this request. A lot of love.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Black Mamba wrote:...switching back to your weapon won't remember what firemode you were in....
AFAIK, that's a "problem" with ArmA in general, since firemode and rifle/UGL/thrown item is all on the same cycle.

Nonetheless. Cool piece of work!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

nice one BM. added it to the list of clientside addons

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Ferrard Carson wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:...switching back to your weapon won't remember what firemode you were in....
AFAIK, that's a "problem" with ArmA in general, since firemode and rifle/UGL/thrown item is all on the same cycle.
That's exactly what I've been trying to solve for a while now, but the commands that would allow me to do that don't really exist for now.
Although somebody did find a dirty workaround, and I'll try to progress with this for now.