mk4_mapinfo Problem

All Party-approved topics welcome
mike

Re: mk4_mapinfo Problem

Post by mike »

Well, you problem tells me 2 things:
1. You're still running the mk4_orbat mod because thats the only thing that could create the brown window
2. You're running an old version that still has the debug messages in

Did you put the addon straight into your addons folder and forgot about it, or are you using some shitty arma launcher?

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

1. I removed mk4_ORBAT entirely from the game directories. ORBAT was not listed on the right-side of the ArmA 2 front page. I went to Expansions, and I verified, that mk4_ORBAT was not listed.

2. In you 4 Feb response, you indicated I shoulld download from: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98987499/mk4_mapInfo.pbo , which I did. I just downloaded it again a couple minutes ago. Using vi, I found this on line 102: text = "Hello, world! <br/>booo!";
Is there another newer version I should use?

I am using the Steam version of ArmA2, if that makes a difference. I put it into a folder called /@mk4_MapInfo/AddOns in the main folder:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@mk4_MapInfo\AddOns

I am not using any kind of launcher, other than Steam. The large brown text area still appears.

I appreciate your help. As a developer/programmer myself (over 40 years in the biz), I understand how frustrating this might be to replicate and fix.
Bitte töte mich nicht

mike

Post by mike »

mike

Post by mike »

Fixed it. Seems there was some old experimental code left over in the mapinfo addon :oops:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98987499/mk4_mapInfo.pbo

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

The new version works!!!

I just used it in Folk ARPS MP missions, including some we played yesterday. Tried it in a few single-player missions as well. When I restarted an SP mission, it worked. When I continued an on-going SP mission, it didn't; that is, numbers did not change to reflect altitude (not a problem)--no brown area though, YEAH!!!!! :P

Thanks, again, for working this.

EDIT: After testing the above, I installed/enabled ORBAT. Both mods worked well in SP and MP scenarios.
Bitte töte mich nicht