mk4_mapinfo Problem

All Party-approved topics welcome
Stoner

mk4_mapinfo Problem

Post by Stoner »

I installed the mk4_mapinfo mod based upon recommendations in today's Sunday session. In single player, when I display the map in an on-going scenario (in this case, Freedom Fighters), I get this:

How do I get rid of the big brown area in the middle? I've tried every key and a few key combinations. Nothing works. In another version of this mod, the brown area also contains some text: "Hello World Booo!" Finally, the "Elapsed Time" over-writes my data in the middle at the top of the screen. That is a minor issue, as I can still see how much cash I've earned by extorting, er, I mean, collecting donations from the villages that I liberate.

There appear to be multiple versions of the mod found on the FA forum page called: Clientside addons compatible with FA.. Both have this problem. Any ideas?
Last edited by Stoner on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitte töte mich nicht

Draakon

Re: mk4_mapinfo Problem

Post by Draakon »

That seems awfully familiar with the ORBAT mod that Mike made. For the map addon itself (that shows the altidude and GPS coordinates on the right side of the screen, middle on the place where your mouse hovers), make sure only mk4_mapInfo.pbo and mk4_mapInfo.pbo.mk4.bisign files are in the addons folder. Also, make sure it's downloaded from here.

mike

Post by mike »

It seems to work fine here in SP. Make sure you have the latest versions and let me know if the problem persists.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98987499/mk4_mapInfo.pbo
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98987499/mk4_orbat.pbo

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

Thanks for the replies. I installed the versions Mike mentioned in his reply, as I assume these are the latest and greatest. I also previously installed with and without the bsign files; there was no difference in the results. I did not install mk4_orbat, when I got this error.

After installing Mike's referenced versions (mk4_m apinfo and mk4_orbat), I had mixed results. The on-going Freedom Fighters scenario continued to be plagued with the problem. I tried a few other on-going scenarios as well. The problem occured in some, but not others. For the most part, when I restarted scenarios (that is, I did not continue an on-going one), the mod acted as advertised, perfectly. One or two had problems. I tried using scenarios from the basic game and user-provided content to determine if there was a difference, and there is none. I wish there was a way for me to save my Freedom Fighters scenario, so I could restart it without losing all my progress. I would experiment with it as well. Where are the savegame files stored? I have the steam version, if that matters.

Next Sunday, or perhaps Tuesday (tomorrow), I'll use it in multi-player with the FA gang. I'll probably have no problems.
Last edited by Stoner on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitte töte mich nicht

mike

Post by mike »

It must be savegame related then. Since I never play SP and therefor never used saved games I have no idea what would be causing it to malfunction. I'll see if I can come up with some fix this week.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

AFAIK, saved games contains references to all the addons you were using when the game started. Change one before reloading and it's likely to mess up. Nothing you can do about that, but restart your game.

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

I located and archived my Freedom Fighters saved-games. Upon restarting the scenario with mk4_mapinfo and mk4_orbat, both worked perfectly. However, mk4_mapinfo writes on top of the info in the middle of the top line with Elapsed Time. In SP, this area reports commander's income. In MP, not a problem, because there is no icome to report.
Bitte töte mich nicht

mike

Post by mike »

Yeh, that's not fixable unfotunately. Some addons are just not meant to work with certain SP missions I suppose.

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

Still having problems. MAPINFO mod is really hit-or-miss in SP. For instance, I just restarted Freedom Fighters, and the problem happened again. I disabled the ORBAT mod, and the problem happened with MAPINFO. I just disabled MAPINFO altogether. It would be helpful in SP, but it's not critical.

I'll see how it does in MP on Sunday.
Bitte töte mich nicht

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

Same problem in multi-player. I just now tried several of the MP mission maps on the Folk ARPS server, many which I've played with the group in the past. In every case, I got that damned big brown box with the words "Hello World Booo!"

When I started each mission, the initial briefing screen was fine. I then clicked the Continue button. Once in the game, I hit the M-key for the Map. That's when the brown text area showed up. I do not have the mk4_ORBAT mod enabled. So why is that brown area appearing?

Mike, I'd like to use this mod during Folk ARPS sessions. Can you look into it?

thanks
Bitte töte mich nicht