Version trouble + Beta patch

All Party-approved topics welcome
Phoenix49

Version trouble + Beta patch

Post by Phoenix49 »

Alright so assuming I am not super tech-savvy regarding modding and patching, I have been having quite a few (non-game breaking) errors pop up as of late due to a common compatibility problem between the latest CBA_CO versions and the latest Arma 2 Beta patch. I am running ArmA 2 through Steam (no SixUpdater or other addon launcher).

The error I'm getting right at start-up is the following:
Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

and then in the main menu screen:
script ca/communityconfigurationproject_e\ai_madetankgunnersuseatandheammo\muzzle\init.sqf not found

These are KNOWN issues passed on both to BI and CBA developpers, and my question is simply how do the rest of the comrades deal with this?
- Do you uninstall CBA_CO and replace it with something else? (or an older version?)
- Do you uninstall Arma2 Beta from Steam?
- Do you just play along and ignore the error messages?

Here are the mods I run in parallel (never had trouble before):
CBA:CO
st_bunnyhop
Extended_Eventhandlers
JSRS
Mk4
MapPlus
Blastcore_Visuals
st_movement
st_hud
okt_noBlur

Black Mamba

Re: Version trouble + Beta patch

Post by Black Mamba »

Basically, the idea is that the latest beta patches included community changes to a number of things (stuff that should hopefully be included in 1.63). Some of those changes happened to break a few CBA functionalities. In answer to that, the CBA team came up with an new version of CBA (CBA_CO), which is basically the same (functionalities-wise), but is supposed to fix those issues.
Trouble is, every single beta patch seems to mees it up lately, so the CBA team is coming up with new revised pbos every two days.
Anyway, you shouldn't be using beta for the FA session (and your best bet is probably not to use them at all, especially if you're not that much into scripting).
Might I add, you should probably not be using st_bunnyhop either, but I don't know the official stance on that (*cough* *Carson traitor* *cough*).

Reverting to non beta 1.62 might need you to revert to CBA 1.00.pre10 as well (which I believe was the last CBA package before CCP was included in the betas).

Edit: also, what is Extended_eventhandlers?

Phoenix49

Post by Phoenix49 »

Extended_eventhandlers was a prerequisite for one of the addons, no idea which anymore (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605).

My issue is, i am NOT running the Beta for FA sessions as I was told it may break the VON tool for others on the server. I am running my normal game and that's where I get all those issues from. If I run the Beta, all issues stop but I was told not to.

So what do you mean by "running the Beta"? Having it installed on my pc while I play on the normal version? Or literally executing it and using it as my game?
Re: bunnyhop, I will remove it and have inquired about the official stance on it until further notice! Thanks for pointing that out :)

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Oh, okay. So the issue is, the version of CBA you're using was not designed to be used with regular 1.62 and pre-CCP beta patches. To avoid those issues, just get the 1.00.pre10 version of CBA and use that for the FA sessions.

You can keep the more recent version of CBA if you want to use it for non-FA sessions (I believe the V+ sessions used betas as well).

I'll edit and post a link if I find it. Edit: See here

Solus' Extended_eventhandlers was designed for Arma, it is included in CBA for Arma 2 now. You shouldn't need it.

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

Make things a lot easier for yourself and use an Arma launcher which allows multiple presets.

head

Post by head »

Terminal Boy wrote:Make things a lot easier for yourself and use an Arma launcher which allows multiple presets.
Like mine.

Here

And it supports both A2/A3