FA Goes to Space! : An Aurora-based Forum Game :D

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

Madtoaster

Re: FA Goes to Space! : An Aurora-based Forum Game :D

Post by Madtoaster »

Ralian wrote: 1. I shall keep our asses defended as a military leader, I think. Unless someone else wants to do that.
There'll be several military leader positions available, nothing much for them to do at the start but yell at economic leaders to start investing in the military, but eventually they'll head fleets and exploration vessels, ground forces etc

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Ok, I'll give it a go.

1 - [Civ], Minister of Foreign Relations and Diplomacy?
2 - Conventional start please.
3 - We need a rival empire.
4 - Sol, I guess... seems like the majority wants that.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Madtoaster

Post by Madtoaster »

So it looks like we have 5 players so far, that's enough to start with. I'll give it another night to wait for any late joiners but otherwise I'll create the scenario tonight and assign characters tomorrow, writing up a little "state of affairs" post as well.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Papal Mainframe approves.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Madtoaster

Post by Madtoaster »

NOTE: IF YOU CANNOT SEE ALL THE PICTURES, TRY OPENING IN ANOTHER TAB

The year is 2017. Following successes in Takistan and Chernarus, the United Nations is at a breaking point. The advance of the Party has pushed it to near destruction.

Inside the Party, corruption instigated by Capitalist agents has weakened the military and economic structure.

In an effort to ensue total control of its western borders, the Party surround the island nation of Altis, and invade. The UN respond militarily. Something goes wrong, and the world is bathed in nuclear fire.

From the ashes, the powers arise again, weaker in number, but purged of doubts and insecurities. The surviving Western nations, spearheaded by Canada and the Scandinavian Union, forge the UN into a global power. The Party, strong as ever, turn the once disregarded farmlands and mountains of eastern Europe into a economic powerhouse.

Relations have tense recently between the reawakening superpowers. Despite the now much lessened population, resources are beginning to grow scarse. In labs around the world, a growing amount of physicists and chemists are beginning to realize the power of a once discredited set of minerals. Minerals with the power to reach for the stars, and claim them for the bold.

STATE OF THE PARTY : JANUARY 2025

Greetings comrades! The Census has been a great success. We now know with great accuracy the contents of our nation both in terms of population and wealth! I have included the details as follows:

We have also received news from the Academy of Sciences in Chernogorsk. They believe they have a way of tapping the "trans-newtonian kinetic aspect" of the so called "Trans-Newtonian Materials" using a... something-or-other field. Boffins, eh? They believe that if we were to focus on this technology we'd be at an advantage economically and technologically to the Capitalist Dogs at the UN. If we were to put our full research into the materials then we should have a breakthrough by 2026, at the latest. The military also reports 200 missiles ready for deployment against aggressors at anytime, and a 15 division strong army ready to deploy at a day's notice! Our spacestation Prospect-1 also reports a 1000 tonne Zero-Gee construction facility ready to produce scientific and defence satellites at a moment's notice!

Note : There's not much to do until we get the TN technology. I'm going to assume that people don't want to wait while the UN colonizes the solar system so I'll put full research into the technology. Also note we have 20 Research Facilities, the same as the UN and unlike the pictures above, otherwise things would take too slow to research. What I want to know is if people would like to design/construct some non-TN ships (with ICBMs as weapons) or wait until TN tech is researched

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

Research TN Tech pleb
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Madtoaster

Post by Madtoaster »

Just to let you guys know I'm going to not post anything for this for the next month or so due to resits, I haven't abandoned though. End of August/September for it to start properly.

fer

Post by fer »

Madtoaster wrote:Inside the Party, corruption instigated by Capitalist agents has weakened the military and economic structure.
This would never happen. You have been placed on a watch-list for posting unpatriotic messages on the Internet and your travel papers rescinded.

:colbert: