F3: Seeking help with the wiki

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
fer

F3: Seeking help with the wiki

Post by fer »

With F3 v3-1-0 nearing completion, we need to update or at least check quite a lot of the documentation in the F3 wiki. It's work that's very necessary, but not as glamorous as being either comrade wolfenswan or comrade head and doing manly things with code. It won't get you the attention of the ladies, and it won't make you rich; in fact-

... wait ... I'm not selling this am I? ... hmmm ...

- Actually, helping out with F3 documentation may get your loved ones released from Party detention facilities, or at least mean someone will put in a good word for you with comrade Chief of Party Security IceRaiser. Those things, and you'd be helping to support mission makers at FA and beyond!

All you need is some time, attention to detail, and willingness to subject yourself to the idiosyncratic nature of MediaWiki mark-up. Being a native English speaker will help, but some of the initial work is a lot of copy-paste, so as long as you're confident in your English-writing skills, you'll be okay.

If this lamentable excuse for a request for help hasn't put you off - or your family is languishing in a Party detention centre - please post here.

:science101:

Dogface

Re: F3: Seeking help with the wiki

Post by Dogface »

Ahh, wikis, documentation and F3. Why, those are three of my favourite things! Comrade, you can count on my help.

fer

Post by fer »

Excellent! Comrade Dogface, please PM me your email address when you have a moment. Thanks :)

Dannysaysnoo

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

I've done stuff on the IMFDB wiki. It's probably not the same, but I rebuilt this page in one night.