Why can't I edit the F3 mission?

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
Eagle_Eye

Why can't I edit the F3 mission?

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Hey guys,

I downloaded the F3 framework template, thought I might try to have a look around and put a simple mission together. I read the wiki tutorial, unzipped the folder and put it in MPmissions, started reading about the scripting syntax, all going good. I was following the tutorial and got to the stage where you need to actually open the mission in the editor in game. Hosted a lan server on my machine, mission is in the list. But the "edit" button doesn't do anything. The mission appears to me in white, while a mission that i create from scratch is blue, and i can edit that one further. I can run the F3 mission btw, that works fine, it just seems to be stuck in read only mode or something.

Anyone know what amazing feat of ignorance I have achieved by failing at arguably the simplest step of the process?

Thanks in advance

Aqarius
Host

Re: Why can't I edit the F3 mission?

Post by Aqarius »

Is the mission file a .pbo? Pbos are 'packed' missions (white), and need to be extracted to edit, the editable variety (blue) comes as a folder with (at least) a mission.sqm file in it.
[/allegedly]

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Did you put it in /my documents/Arma 3 other profiles or in /program files/Arma 3 ?
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

As Kefirz said, there's a second MPMissions folder in my documents. You probably put it into the one in your root directory.

Also, I'd suggest to download our FA F3 template straightaway (FAQ & DL in my signature). It's identical to regular F3 but with some options pre-configured for our purposes.

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Thanks guys,

It was from the link in your sig wolf, so it wasnt a .pbo and also I did have to put it into my other profiles folder for it to be editable, figured it out just shortly after I posted.