Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
zitron

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by zitron »

Yo dawg, I heard you like running, so install Arma so you can run till you die in Chernarus when you are not running IRL.

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Hiya - Matt/Thirith here. I played for the first time yesterday. I'm German-English-Swiss, the first two by birth, the latter by naturalisation. I've been playing these games since the days of Operation Flashpoint, although usually not particularly well. So far I've mainly been a SP guy, but I would definitely like to get to know the MP side of Arma 2 a bit more. Hey, I did heal a guy yesterday, so I must've been doing something right! Anyway, in RL I work for a weird, bureaucratic QUANGO, but I'm hoping to get back to my first vocation, which is teaching English Literature, Cultural Studies and possibly Academic or Creative Writing at Uni.

I posted some newbie questions here: http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=953. If I should have posted them here instead, my apologies.
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Alethron

Post by Alethron »

Hi guys, this is Alethron - I used to play a fair bit with the RPS crew, hopefully quite a few of you remember me. I'd really like to start getting involved in Arma again, so hopefully I can start joining in.

Cheers

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Hey Alethron, hey Thirith! Welcome to the party.

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Ahoyhoy, I am the mighty Homercleese. I used to care not for online gaming but have been an on-off fan of the series since OpFlashpoint way back when. At the risk of incurring the contempt of all the true milsimmers here I bought ARMACO purely to play DayZ, and proceeded to do so for ages. Saw plenty of Folk ARPS coverage on RPS and after procrastinating for a very long time finally manned up and worked through the complexities of sorting out CO on steam and joined my fist session about a month ago.

And proceeded to annoy everyone with my noobish mewlings and by binding the same push-to-talk key in arma and teamspeak.

I reckon it's long past time for me to actually participate, at least nominally, in the community itself and not just the game so here I be.

In the realer, much more gun free world, my name is Alan, I'm Irish, and I've gone back to college to try and be a physicist. 'Try' being the operative word.

I miss money.

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Homercleese wrote:Saw plenty of Folk ARPS coverage on RPS
*ahem* Folk ARPS / FA :eng101:

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Haha, um, sorry. I had a feeling I'd be corrected on that.

BiG_MasTeR_L

Post by BiG_MasTeR_L »

Hey guys,

since I died, I might as well introduce myself properly.

Im BiG_MasTeR_L, call sign Biggie. My real name is Gertjan Leemans, that is Dutch and im 22 years old(23 in september). I started playing operation flashpoint in the early days, didn't think much of so I quit. I got back to Arma in 2010 when some friends wanted to do some coop missions. A few years later I met Hydra/Amivit through Battlefield 3 and we started playing dayz. About a week ago he asked me if I was in for the workshop so I joined :D.

Career wise I started in the Dutch armed forces when i was 17 as a infantry machine gunner (weapon: FN minimi, great piece of shit), I worked my way up to Sergeant(yea new weapon: Colt Canada C7 NLD). Trained for several deployments, but I was never deployed. So a few years later I wanted something else, so I chose to become a MP. Here is where things get kind of weird, because MP's are not just MP's. We are called the Koninklijke Marechaussee(Royal Netherlands Marechaussee) and we are cops(for civilians and military) and a whole lot more(border security and immigration is a part of that). Long story short, I am a MP with civil duties. Any questions, Ill be happy to answer them. :cop:
Last edited by BiG_MasTeR_L on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Woo another Sergeant! Welcome! :cop:

So, we'll call you when we need to acquire certain items and have them transported to Fer's secret location.

BiG_MasTeR_L

Post by BiG_MasTeR_L »

IceRaiser wrote:Woo another Sergeant! Welcome! :cop:

So, we'll call you when we need to acquire certain items and have them transported to Fer's secret location.
how many NCOs do we have in FA?