fa3_a43_Manhunt

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

fa3_a43_Manhunt

Post by wolfenswan »

CSAT attempts to intercept and kill two FIA officers meeting in Agios Dionysios. The town itself is held by a number of FIA AI.

Dogface

Re: fa3_a106_manhunt

Post by Dogface »

It was a fun mission! As the CO of the meeting group, I found there was a nice amount of tension as the building was threatened repeatedly but always successfully defended, and the end felt like it came just as we were about to be overrun. So, in that sense, the meeting was the right length, or perhaps even a little short as it got restarted several times at the beginning by Rook moving out of the circle, which did feel slightly annoying/finicky. So, my recommendation on that would be to make the circle a bit larger so the officers don't have to just stand their staring at eachother (i.e. around the size of the building), make the meeting a bit longer, but also give more updates on how it's going/how much longer is left.

I noted that we were instructed (?) to go and fetch a particular car, which I thought was neat -- I wonder if adding in a couple more random instructions, like moving to a new building halfway through the meeting, would have made things a bit more varied/tense for the meeting group.

No particular thoughts on the helicopters. Oh yeah, and the framerate kind of tanked at the end of the mission (after the meeting was over) for some reason...

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I noted that we were instructed (?) to go and fetch a particular car, which I thought was neat
There's no such thing in the mission?

Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Heheh. Well, I thought there was! Waffly told me to tell someone else to fetch a particular car from a particular place and bring it to the meeting building. I assumed that was some kind of secret, businessmen-only instruction going on. If it wasn't, maybe it should be!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I think it doesn't really make sense within the mission's narrative. They have agreed on a meeting place and that's it, not really a point for using a specific vehicle. Same for changing the building. I like the idea but I don't see why they would do it.

Regarding the trigger area: as it's a randomized location, the size of the circle/trigger might be too big for some buildings if I increase it.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

There were talks about FIA needing AT to combat the Striker HMG after tonight's session. Not sure if I agree, last time FIA dealt with it well enough using M2s and M203s. The only place where the Striker has a good BOF is on the hill, which FIA can easily get to first.

However, I'm tempted to give FIA more SMGs to reduce their long-range firepower and force them to have AAF come to them.

wolfenswan

Re: Manhunt

Post by wolfenswan »

I think the next iteration of this mission will remove the AAF's ground vehicles and make them all airborn, using the Mohawks. As it stands, there's only one real avenue of approach for AAF if they are motorized which makes it a bit predictable and boring.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Played the updated version of this today. I must say the airborn approach feels much better. Flying around in the Bench-Taru was quite enjoyable, unfortunately it's seat capacity is a bit too low to replace the regular transport-Taru with it.

The meeting was 12 minutes and felt just about right I'd say? Maybe I'll set it to 15 minutes by default.

I'll fix the repeating triggers in the next version.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I'm contemplating to turn most of FIA AI, with only the officers and a few bodyguards being players, so FIA numbers between 2 to 10. That would reduce the number of players required to make this adversarial enjoyable quite a bit. The FIA AI could be controlled by the officers using the high command interface.

This would also allow me to fulfill my dream of making all CSAT Tarus the bench version as CSAT could have more pilots.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Very different run on SUN 25/01/2015 compared to older versions. For me in BSL it was def. a blast.
  • The empty notifications will be fixed
  • maybe reduce the default meeting time to 12 minute
  • Not sure if everyone should be alerted of the meeting being over or only FIA.