Cratesistance

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

Cratesistance

Post by wolfenswan »

• Total number of caches is a parameter (2 - 10, default is 6)
  • Caches to be destroyed is a parameter (1 - 10, default is 3)
These are the default settings for distances:

Code: Select all

_cacheDistMin = (parameter);                            // Min distance for generating new cache
_cacheDistMax = _cacheDistMin*4;                                // Max distance for generating new cache
_cacheDistRand = 150;                           //Random factor for cache placement
_spawnMinSideDistance = 2500;           // Min distance sides spawn from one another
_spawnMaxSideDistance = 4000;           // Max distance sides spawn from one another
_spawnDefenderMinCacheDistance = 250;   // Min distance for defender to spawn from any cache
_spawnDefenderMaxCacheDistance = _cacheDistMax + _cacheDistRand;        // Max distance for defender to spawn from any cache
_spawnAttackerMinCacheDistance = 800;   // Min distance for attacker to spawn from any cache

wolfenswan

Re: Cratesistance

Post by wolfenswan »

We played the mission on Sun 22/06/2014 with AAF HALOing in the first time, as well as cache distance lowered to be somewhere between 200 - 1000m apart from each other. We def. saw action a lot earlier but I'm somewhat worried that AAF moves slightly too fast if HALO is enabled. On the other hand, nothing would keep them from doing the same in vehicles.

How did it feel on the defenders side? Did you need more time to set up? Was the distance of caches in or against your favor? What could be done to balance HALO better?

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I'm in the process of updating this one to ORBAT 2015.

There are some things to consider before going final:
  • Due to the tendency lately of vehicles exploderizing I'm thinking of replacing the spawn with a INTER-style teleport. Downside is that this way the kinda neat randomization factor would disappear.
  • I'm thinking of adding CSAT into the mix, as an airborne platoon. They would be picked instead of AAF and offer some different gameplay style. Could be a bit "bloatey" though.
  • We used to play this mission with almost only rifles & carbines (a legacy from the A2 version). Given the effectiveness of ARs/MGs in A3 I'm tempted to stick with this but re-add EGLMs.
Thoughts?

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

wolfenswan wrote:Thoughts?
Is it only me who's less terrified of ARs than UGLs?
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

boberro

Post by boberro »

Sparks:
If you die from MG, it's your fault for being in the open. Getting killed by UGL always has something to do with luck, or lack of.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

boberro wrote:Sparks:
If you die from MG, it's your fault for being in the open. Getting killed by UGL always has something to do with luck, or lack of.
That's exactly what I was saying...
With the MG, the gunner has to actually see you, aim at you and hit you. Granted, you have to choose cover rather than concealment but that's down to you, so if you die, hey, it means you did something wrong and paid for it. Mostly.

With the UGL, someone guesses where you are and drops a 40mm chunk of oblivion five meters behind you and you're toasty with crunchy bits. Doesn't matter what you do.
Which is why I love having a UGL and hate other people having one :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Wolf:

The system you have for DeliveryDenied, teleport of a motorised squad, is very cool, maybe that could be ported here.

Having 2 attacking orbats is only a headache for the host I would say. So just make sure they are aware of the extra slots/balance issues that might bring.
Dont you already have this mission with 3 forces though? I could have sworn one was HALO and the other Airborne.

Either way this is a great mission, and one that I would really like to see back in rotation, both as player and host, because it gives a great randomised adv that can be played with lots of different styles and player counts.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Eagle_Eye wrote:Wolf:

The system you have for DeliveryDenied, teleport of a motorised squad, is very cool, maybe that could be ported here.
That's just the regular F3 teleport :P It takes being inside a vehicle into account.
Eagle_Eye wrote: Having 2 attacking orbats is only a headache for the host I would say. So just make sure they are aware of the extra slots/balance issues that might bring.
Dont you already have this mission with 3 forces though? I could have sworn one was HALO and the other Airborne.
To clarify: The idea was that EITHER CSAT or AAF are picked. This allows for some more varied gameplay depending on numbers. Alternatively I could just give helicopters to AAF (or motorized to CSAT) but I kinda like the clear distinction between AAF = motorized regulars, CSAT = airborn HSLD. Also the bench tarus are just too sweet.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Make them cargo Tarus with slingloaded bench module, for x3 cuteness multiplier. And for adding delay to CSAT response time.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..