c48_corporate_synergy

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Raptoer

Re: c48_corporate_synergy

Post by Raptoer »

Sparks wrote:I need to check tape, but I don't remember anyone in Alpha 1 opening up; I just remember 6.5 fire incoming all of a sudden and half the squad dropping off the channel...
I remember seeing the map triggers fire, then we started shooting, then the AI started shooting.

What is supposed to happen is that when it goes loud the map changes to remove the restricted area stuff (and put down bunker markers on the compounds outside the town), and a hint that says that NATO has seen through our deception appears. Then 5 seconds pass. Then the AI are allowed to shoot at us.

What I noticed happen is that the map changed, then 5 seconds passed, then we get the hint and the AI opened fire.

As for the triggers, they were lined up rather well with the barriers (sadly the barriers don't appear on our in game maps, so it's hard to tell), but in some places they extended beyond the barriers due to the fact that it is a circle/elipse.

Now they're all inside the barriers by at least a meter, and I highly doubt anyone will be setting them off accidentally.

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

One thing that can be used to mark things on the map is to use rectangular markers, set to "solid non-transparent" with the "gray" color.

If you size the rectangles right you can use them to mark new buildings/barriers on the map and they should blend in with the default map buildings quite nicely.

I use them on fuel charges to add in the extra buildings that are along the road that I added for balance reasons, but wanted them to be clearly visible when making plans premission.

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

Planned updates:
adding markers for towers
reinforcements landing much closer to us (no more forest snipers)
reducing heli ammo to 30% of normal
adding AA training teams
Added rescue boats for extract to a trawler
redoing the briefing (adding a "rumor" section that will give a better description of what to expect)

reconsidering:
Technical
probably removing or revamping the priest concept. I might add either markers for them or remove them, and add some other objective to force the players to search the area a little.

I don't know if the shrine hint trigger worked for everyone, I was the one that detonated the shrine. I got the message, but I also fired the trigger.

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

So with a few more missions under my belt I decided to take a look at corporate synergy again.

v10:
Added partial success trigger.
Removed Priest concept
Added requirement to slaughter original NATO forces.
Redistributed enemies
More modifications to briefing.
Fixes a plethora of scripting mistakes.