c48_corporate_synergy

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Raptoer

c48_corporate_synergy

Post by Raptoer »

I did not make this before now because I didn't know that this mission was played on Tuesday (Without me :()

After watching what happened on Tuesday (Thanks Ralian) I have edited the locations of some of the AI, made a slight modification to the briefing, removed the MXs from the vehicles and corrected the loadout of the demolitionist (They had demo charges instead of satchels).

Eagle_Eye

Re: c48_corporate_synergy

Post by Eagle_Eye »

We were woefully understrenght on tuesday,but since we were playimg with one squad we played a few nice quick missions, and i figured a quick run through of this moght be helpful before a more organised sunday session run through at some point.

It seemed to work great though, amd is a very unique idea, even though it was clear from the start we were outgunned

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

There were some questions I had in my mind on tuesday before a bullet took care of that encumberance:
- Do all enemies on the map go active when the first one does or is it zone-by-zone or even unit-by-unit?
- Will just placing a satchel cause them to go active?
- Can we have some AT for the IFVs?

Other than that, it was gas but we were desperately undermanned for that run :D It literally went "engage! *bangratatattatpewpewpew* We're all down/dead!" in under 30 seconds :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Raptoer

Post by Raptoer »

To your questions Sparks:
1. It's all or nothing. I achieved this effect by marking us as captive, instead of manipulating the AI. I might be able to achieve a similar effect by disabling parts of the AI, but I thought this was more foolproof. By the way there is a small delay between engagement start and the AI being allowed to engage us(even NATO doesn't have telepathy yet), so feel free to use that delay to assassinate a fireteam or two.
2. The briefing states that we have satchels that NATO won't mind us placing, but maybe I can emphasize it more.
3. Nope, you gotta steal AT or use a satchel. I have added a line in the briefing authorizing the stealing of NATO gear.

Raptoer

Post by Raptoer »

Changes:
removed every AI not in a building or patrolling a road.
Made the triggers smaller than the restricted area triggers (5-8m smaller)
Removed the southern compound
Removed the reinforcing speedboats
Refined the trigger for the shrine's death
Delayed reinforcing helicopters by another 2 minutes and made them land much closer

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Whatever about making the trigger sizes smaller, it would be much more useful to FIA here if the demarcation lines were visible to players, which in this mission basically means having them at gates, or walls, or other identifiable landmarks. Alpha 1 was holding outside the gate in the southernmost compound for example, as that was a nice visual reference in-game. Granted, at that point it all went to mincemeat :D

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I thought it went ok and the problem was that while one part of the platoon was cleared to fire, a lot of us were still going to our objectives and we were not ready. So this turned into a massacre for us and basically we were scattered, pinned and fighting for our lives and the enemy actually had the benefit of surprise.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I don't think we opened fire first though. I was left with the definite impression that someone had accidentally tripped a trigger before we were ready?

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I don't know what happened with you in Alpha, but in Bravo we were right on the road where the IFV was and a fortress and ghost hotel was overlooking our positions. Then suddenly there was some shooting down south where Alpha was and after 10 seconds all of Bravo was in a world of pain.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I need to check tape, but I don't remember anyone in Alpha 1 opening up; I just remember 6.5 fire incoming all of a sudden and half the squad dropping off the channel...