fa3_c60_quds_radio_hour

Help make Party-approved missions harder
zitron

Re: fa3_c60_quds_radio_hour

Post by zitron »

Really enjoyed this. Even though I got shot down early, it's better than in typical missions where the pilots just sit around in a circle for an hour till the mission is over.

A couple of things:
1. I would like it to be a bit less foggy. With NVG on, all the colours are washed out, and really limits FOV. This normally isn't a huge deal, in this mission the work load is pretty high already.
2. Weird missing markers? I couldn't see a lot of the LZ and CAS markers, luckily my copilot could see them and talk me to the target. It was quite confusing though.
3. Really like the fact that we had a semi-realistic structure with tiger as flight lead, I think we could use some training in this, e.g. formation flying, flight lead assigning tasks, formation attacks.No need to go full flight sim, but Imagine how cool it would look on Party promotional videos!
4. JTAC is great. I think this could also use some training. Again, no need to go full mil sim 9-line shit, just simple things like: where, what, requested ordinance type, ingress and egress directions

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

Ferrard Carson wrote:That's right, they're the same IFVs hounding us throughout the entire mission.
It did seem a bit convenient that an IFV just happened to show up from the direction of the one we left behind.

For the QRF, I'd just make sure they check out the far side of the outpost at some point. Though for all I know, they did; I was a little busy cowering in fear behind a hill at the time.

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

zitron wrote: 2. Weird missing markers? I couldn't see a lot of the LZ and CAS markers, luckily my copilot could see them and talk me to the target. It was quite confusing though.
Yeah I got this too at the start. Had to reconnect which you obviously didnt have the luxury of doing.

It seemed on my end like certain groups just werent showing up in my game. I was missing group markers, couldnt see peoples IDs in the chat, and they werent registering as on my "side". Thats why I had to remark all markers in global, and why I couldnt get into your chopper at the start zitron.

It was like half of F3 just failed to initialise but still kept chugging away anyway. First time I have seen or heard of it ever happening, and I dont think it was the missions fault in any way. Something to keep an eye out for and make note of it if it should appear again though.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

The mission is great and it doesn't need cutting, because then it wouldn't make much sense in regards of luring QRF out. Obviously this isn't ''first mission on rotation'' material. (Castle crashers also really isn't, it took 50 mins to finish it?)

So instead of chopping it up, add a JIP squad if you feel that it is too long.

Unrelated to the mission:

Yeah, something has happened to F3 after the update. I just missed slotting and tried to get in spectator screen for about 3 times and failed. Then I got in spectator, but all the HUD stuff was missing and I couldn't move the camera. On the next try, I got in fine and everything worked. All these tries were spaced out because I was doing other things.
My guess would be that the spectator mode initialized really, really slow.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

Now we've played this mission a few times, I feel that things might run a little smoother if 4 of the Orcas were replaced with 2 Tarus. That would reduce the demand for helicopter pilots, allow logistics to run a little smoother and make things easier for the FAC. We would lose flexibility and firepower but generally, we do't separate fire teams and I don't think we need more than 2 armed helis for CAS

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I am 100% against that. Selfishly, I love the flying and frankly, if I spend an hour hovering in the bay before two minutes of getting shot at trying to extract from a hot LZ or doing a CAS run, I'm not happy, I'm having to do more laundry to clean up the mess in my trousers.

Less selfishly, FAC is supposed to have his brain melt and dribble out his ears. That's what the acronym stands for - Fouled Aural Canals.

And cinematically, six helos hovering close enough that I have to move because Reppy smells funny is very cool on video, especially when someone pops flares when close enough to actually scorch someone else's paint job :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

That's an absolute negatory, sorry. I do my damnest to avoid mixing transport options, and that means keeping Orcas or shifting everyone to Tarus. Switching the platoon to unarmed helos is a non-starter, as the cooperation between armed helos and the light infantry they transport is pretty much the point of this mission.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."