fa3_a60_gamey_mission

Help make Party-approved missions harder
fer

fa3_a60_gamey_mission

Post by fer »

Two armed groups must negotiate a swap of ammo trucks before working together (or not) to steal a truck from an AAF base. Casualties from any double-cross during the first part of the mission return as base guards. Think: Dark Business with inanimate objects and a second chance for guests that die early. This is also the most gamey thing I've co-written (with Eagle Eye) since OFP, but sometimes you have to get this out of your system, right?

:siiigh:

Sparks

Re: fa3_a60_gamey_mission

Post by Sparks »

So that last run...

I kindof think we shouldn't use it to evaluate the mission much. We were *way* too focussed on when/if the betrayal would happen to play it right. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if we had two friends CO the different sides here... well... okay, two people who tolerate each other.... okay, fine, two complete strangers who don't rabidly scream and jump for the throat of any human they're put in close contact with for more then five minutes, we can find those in Folk at least, right?

I think this could actually be a bit of fun towards the end of a night if the two COs weren't actually competing to choose the shorter codeword to signal betrayal time to their side...

ps. Though a note in the "When you die" section to advise against multiple respawns as AAF would not go astray - it gets so gamey you can *ahem* forget yourself for a few moments of strider-fuelled madness...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

boberro

Post by boberro »

Just don't let Kefirz to CO in this mission.

One idea I had while playing it - maybe there should be a trigger that tells players to respawn as indifor, only if they are killed by blue/red ? Of course Kefirz would find a loophole in that too :D
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I am perfectly innocent, I respawned only once.
It was your BLUFOR's betrayal that foiled our betrayal, so blame them.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott