fa3_a60_Brushfire

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Aqarius
Host

fa3_a60_Brushfire

Post by Aqarius »

I fiddled with the transport options, so this may all blow up in my face, but at least it'll be an interesting disaster.
[/allegedly]

Sparks

Re: fa3_a60_Brushfire

Post by Sparks »

AI provides too much opposition for FIA at the moment I think; AAF was ineffective for most of the first run (not their fault - it was primarily because of an Arma accident and a tree followed by incredibly inept Zeusing -- I have convened a Party investigation to determine Kefirz the guilty party) -- but FIA were still massacred.

AAF's APCs probably need the in-water turbos though to take the shortcut across the bay in any kind of reasonable time if the AI garrison protecting the target is removed. I'm not sure if Bravo 1 even made it across the bay in the last run.

We need some way to prevent the VIP from powerwalking his way to the base if his MRAP is disabled...

Also, I suspect we need a 3:2 balance in favour of FIA.
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

Certainly an interesting mission, but has a couple problems:

1. Getting into the titans is near impossible. Maybe you could use an addAction if a player is within a few meters of the car?
2. FIA had no idea what the colonel looked like, what he was driving in, or where to find him other than "Somewhere over on that road". Early on we eliminated a civilian thinking it was the colonel.

Soviet

Post by Soviet »

I'm a fan of the mission, especially the AAF having 'strongholds' with AI buddies. I think from what I gleaned from the intro, they are meant more as something to avoid than to engage, but we wound up charging straight up their throats anyway. Maybe make the AI garrison'd locations a 'zone' with the big team-colored area markers on the map since the briefing indicates that we already know there are squads stationed there. But do keep them in - the VIP is in 'friendly' territory the whole mission, basically, so having the players+AI count remain asymmetrical makes total sense. The AI are good as his standard meatshields, and the AAF players form a more elite mobile COIN reaction force.

That said, I'm with Sparks, I think an FIA *player* number advantage is definitely feasible for the mission in this case. Those IFVs are a nice constant menace since we shot ourselves out of SPG ammo almost immediately, as is our way, so I'd say a few more crunchies to slap against them would be fair.
"I guess I really am Tigershark's cameraman..." -Sparks
"My flights are terrifying for my passengers and myself" -Ralian

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Those IFVs are a nice constant menace since we shot ourselves out of SPG ammo almost immediately, as is our way, so I'd say a few more crunchies to slap against them would be fair.
Well, if next time you don't use three SPGs and half of two fireteam's AR ammo to kill one 'lil ol' AAF medic who's trying to take cover behind his empty, unarmed, disabled strider... :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

I'd say 2:3 for FIA sounds reasonable based on current data. Also, marking out the AAF checkpoints. I initially thought it would encourage gaming the system, but that seems somewhat beyond our capabilities ATM :D . On the other hand, I'd say it's a no on the waterjets. Budget cuts :( .

Seriously though, the positioning of the participants is deliberate. FIA is not supposed to be able to get to the VIP uncontested, and AAF is not supposed to be able to beat FIA to the VIP. If anything, I might move FIA a bit closer. Being able to cross the lake in time would be gamebreaking.

On the addaction, yeah, that would be great, but it'd have to be added to the car, not the launcher, and I couldn't figure out how to make an addaction of the car move the activator into the launcher.
[/allegedly]

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

On the addaction, yeah, that would be great, but it'd have to be added to the car, not the launcher, and I couldn't figure out how to make an addaction of the car move the activator into the launcher.
I think you just need to give the launcher object a definite name: "launcher 1", and then in the addaction script "_this select 1 moveingunner launcher1" or something.

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

Or you could used attachedObjects. Something like _this select 1 moveInGunner (attachedObjects (_this select 0) select 0), roughly.