fa_c36_winter_invasion_part_I

Help make Party-approved missions harder
SuicideKing
Host

fa_c36_winter_invasion_part_I

Post by SuicideKing »

Sup!

How much did you like/hate it? Was it too easy? Is a MAT team needed?

Already noted feedback:
- disable AI barks (fer) - will be fixed
- remove 1337 sniper (Kasmiester) - nope :P

Cheers!
:science101:

p.s. https://github.com/ninjaProtocol/Arma3_ ... A_v3.Altis
Last edited by SuicideKing on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

fer

Re: fa_c36_winter_invasion_part_I

Post by fer »

SK - lovely mission. One other thought: if you leave the enemy sniper in the mission, please can you ensure the briefing mentions that we may face sharpshooters? It may also be worthwhile recommending that the marksman is slotted to act as a counter-sniper. Thanks!

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

Overall really cool mission, but please make that FaZe clan less overpowered :D Or place him on a position he could be more expected, not on the front lines.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

fer wrote:SK - lovely mission. One other thought: if you leave the enemy sniper in the mission, please can you ensure the briefing mentions that we may face sharpshooters? It may also be worthwhile recommending that the marksman is slotted to act as a counter-sniper. Thanks!
Where's the fun in that, tovarish? :D

Thing is, as an invading force, NATO can't know exactly what they'll face, but should expect it, I feel. And it seemed a fairly easy mission for us, I don't know if I want to kill the tension or surprise :P

It's like RATs and rockets vs vehicles - With one rocket per RAT and no MAT, the room for error is very small, and you can't squander RATs or rockets. If I give them another rocket, will it become too easy? Etc.

If you really want me to include it in the briefing, I will, but otherwise I'll just add the slotting suggestion.
Kasmeister wrote:Overall really cool mission, but please make that FaZe clan less overpowered :D Or place him on a position he could be more expected, not on the front lines.
That's a sniper team patrol, so they could be anywhere in that area! There's hardly a point of a gillie suit sniper in a building or something. It's also towards the end of the mission...I wouldn't put snipers at the start, for example.

I'm not sure what I can do about the OP ness. Maybe reduce the rank further, I suppose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll tweak the briefing to mention that it's an AAA squad, too.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

What I mean is there's a dude running around with a 9.3mm quickscoping a fireteam shooting at him at 100 meters range with 100% accuracy. 1 shot 1 kill style.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

The problem with AI snipers is that they don't work like snipers should (unless you do some scripting). They are just a rifleman with a longer range rifle + scope.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Does ASR_AI not do anything for them?

No it doesn't, apparently. So while snipers seem to be content to miss 3 or 4 shots in a completely empty map at 100m (not under fire, while i'm just standing looking at them), they seem to be very accurate in an actual battlefield. Also fire way too fast. Sniper will be terminated.

Replaced with marksman :p