fa3_c58_cornered

Help make Party-approved missions harder
darkChozo
Host

fa3_c58_cornered

Post by darkChozo »

NATO, trapped behind enemy lines, holds out for rescue from Command, whoever that is. Features an automated traitor system.

This seemed to go well, but I'd any feedback would be appreciated, particularly regarding any issues with the respawn system.

------------------------------
Version History

v1
Initial release

boberro

Re: fa3_c58_cornered

Post by boberro »

Playing as a lone attacker was intense. I managed to get so close to my "old" position, by crawling in microterrain in otherwise open field, that I had chance to long for a pistol.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Is it possible to change the traitors to a different faction?
It's nothing major, I just was surprised that a friendly was shooting me, because he had F3 tags, turns out he wasn't that friendly :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

I don't think I can change the player's faction (though if someone knows how, I'd appreciate it!), but I can change the nametag script to filter out players that have turned.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

You can have them join an empty group of an opposing side or set the score at -1000 (not sure if nametag filters the latter).

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

That'll change their side, not their faction, and I'm already doing that (joinSilent createGroup east). Looking at f_nametags, it looks like the Draw3d Handler is looking for

Code: Select all

(faction _x == faction player || side _x == side player || group _x == group player)
, which doesn't exactly make sense to me. A guy who's not on your side still isn't on your side even if you're both blu_f, right?

EDIT: Looking back, this probably is set up so a guy who friendly fires (sideEnemy) or is setCaptived (sideFriendly) still has a nametag. I guess that works.