[Sun] 12 Oct 2014 (Umm...light fog?)

Post by Tigershark »

Missions:
  • Morning Sortie
  • Cratesistance
  • Idiots II
After-Party:
???

Nice turn out with approx30 comrades turning up to witness the awesome firepower that is a fully operational FA squad. Unfortunately, most awesomeness was expelled during slotting as Morning Sortie was renamed the "soup of death". Bodge did a great job of leading, what I can only presume are, Benny Hill trained troops as we managed to get the UAV shot down, lost the MRAP and get pinned down all within...ooo...10 minutes?

It was as that point I though I would try Zeus as the remaining troops stormed the town. Unfortunately, not having any markers in Zeus (my underlings tell me it was a server FPS thing) I began to effectively call devastatingly accurate CAS.....on my own troops. :siiigh:

We then continued the fail with Cratesistance in which AAF managed to parachute directly on top of troops in BOTH attempts at it.

In Idiots II we redeemed ourselves ever so slightly. I went into some reeds to Zeus in some explosives for the various teams to blow up the found vehicles, only to venture out and find only Paradiso alive. God bless you reeds.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Lynche

Re: [Sun] 13 Oct 2014 (Umm...light fog?)

Post by Lynche »

Cratesistance was chaotic. The defenders did an excellent job of intercepting us right at the beginning, we didn't have a chance! I was a little disappointed we had to cut the first attempt short - I had just critically wounded one defender and was deviously laying an ambush in the reeds for anyone selfless enough to come help him :twisted:

In Idiots II, I decided to give SLing a go for the first time. It was surprisingly easy, compared to FTLing (in my experience anyway).

Bravo dropped in the South and moved north into position at the edge of the swamp. When the order to move in came I sent B1 in with B2 providing as much over-watch as the fog would allow. Once B1 disappeared into the fog B2 followed after them. I think B2 walked into a hostile patrol and was killed, while B1 located and secured the first AAA. Once that was dead, we all then moved to search for the last AAA in the SW but it was destroyed before we could reach it.

By the end of the mission I had only lost a measly 50% of my squad! Needless to say, I may give SLing a go much more often now.

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

Gaming + Headcold = sometimes confusing sometimes intense moments.

Morning Sortie
Strider Driver
The drive to the AO was difficult to say the least, the combination or the fog and driving towards the sun made road visibility effectively 5 feet in front of your face, that said things were going well until they stopped going well. B2 had gotten themselves in a bit of a jam and we repositioned north of the buildings we were at to attempt to help them out. I thought it would be tactically wise to set up behind a concrete wall to atleast give us some cover. (I think I almost hit someone there I'm not sure?) I had just enough time to notice the plume of exhaust from a AT rocket launcher and we were toast.

Cratesistance
FIA A2 FTL
so A2's started off a little rocky but then came up being champs. first it started with Stoner either not being in the vehicle or attempting to dodge another vehicle explosion got out. I didn't notice this and drove off a ways without him, well we had to turn around and go get him, and by get him I mean gently love tap him with the bumper of the truck (he was fine, tis a flesh wound, etc. etc. no lawyers needed. I don't have insurance oh god... :psyduck: ) so we turned around again and started heading for our defensive position when we saw the parachute filling the sky over hill 90. ASL ordered us to move towards cache one and engage (or my cold induced insanity may of added the "engage" part) so we ditched the vehicle are cache one and moved quickly up the hill towards the enemy. I honestly expected the enemy to be a bit further down the hill than they were and was confused a couple times when we stopped waiting for them to skyline. so we pressed on forward a bit and moved a bit more around the side of the hill to get the flank. as we crested I immediately engaged 2 hostiles and hit them both and then engaged a third who went down before I took a bullet to the brainpan. only 1 kill out of that though.

Idiots II
Bravo 2(?) ftl

this was my first play through of this mission so I think I was underestimating it a bit. The drop went fine and we rallied up at our form up point except for zitron who in his patriotic blood-lust immediately set about for the swamps on a one man mission to take those SPAAGs down with his bare two hands. we all met up at our next way point and provided over watch while B1 moved into the mist. We moved in shortly after we lost sight of them with the ASL and medic in tow. The first SPAAG was spotted by zitron but not confirmed so we started moving towards the direction he provided. we took fire from our six and turned around to engage and investigate that instead. it was silent for a few moments as we all peered into the mist and reeds. I believe I Lietuvis? (the AM?) run in front of me and then attempt a cartwheel when a bullet opened his third eye for him. we engaged hostiles to the north and I took a bullet soon after

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Morning Sortie
AAF BSL
I'd say the code needs some work. it took a while to get going, and the Stevie Wonder fog didn't exactly help. Hitting the town from the east, CC blew up with the sounds of Alpha missing a convoy. Then we got under fire from seemingly all angles, B1 and B3 reported being pinned down, and B2 was ordered to try and break out from the hill. They were promptly mowed down, and lay there screaming. I tried popping somke and getting to them, but was hit myself, and promptly expired.
Dropping into spectator, I found the tags broken. Then I found that, despite the panicked cries of the team leads, it would seem Bravo casualties consist only of B2 and myself :roll: .
Ah, well. More glory for us :mrgreen:

Cratesistance
FIA ASL
I think this is the first one BLU won. At least the first one I led. Anyway, I had the team split into 3 groups. A1 over cache 4, B1 over cache 3 (I think), and A2 in a small town, ready to reinforce as needed. The moment I jumped out of the pickup, I saw what looked like snowflakes falling just behind a hill some 200-300m north. White, floaty, doomed snowflakes. I had A2 and B remount and redeploy to their west. From this point on, The battle was a fairly onesided affair, owing most of all to the outstanding initiative of the manuevering FT leads. One team moved so fast, in fact, they at one point got under fire from A1 (as a sidenote, when ordered "cease fire", the correct answer is not "*BANG*BANG*BANG*"Why?"*BANG*BANG*BANG". The SWS was busted, but I understand the bug is fixed, so it's congratulations all around :D

Idiots II
CSAT B2 FTL
Snuck into the swamp, but was ordered to backtrack to attack some reinforcements. Died hugging a rock.
In spectator, however, I got to see the most thorough case of blu/blu in quite a while :laugh:
[/allegedly]