[Tue] 10 Feb 2015 (BBC Radio Bristol)

How we died (in the future)
Pickers

[Tue] 10 Feb 2015 (BBC Radio Bristol)

Post by Pickers »

21 Glorious Comrades joined us for this session, and comrade Gemoxy streamed it.

It would be splendid if any feedback, stories of hilarity heroism, pictures or video of tonight's session are posted here.
  • Bay
  • Indfor don't surf
  • Routine
  • Nightforce
Bay - FIA forces swept through the enemy positions, blowing up many an Ifrit and a few IFVs along the way and before long the airbase was cleared of EI - however a ZSU-59 Tigris held back victory celebrations, after a lot of searching for AT a call was made to command for some party favours and the air cavalry arrived at the last moment to destroy the SPAAG.

Indfor don't surf - So both sides attempted to flank each other, as Opfor CO I then shifted B1 off the hill they had over-watch on and as we moved a suggestion was made to flank enemy force, so B1 joined the remainder of B2 and flanked the flanking force, meanwhile I charged headlong and died along with my medic.

Routine - After some initial foreshadowing, the routine patrol formed up in a routine convoy, Bravo bringing up the rear. As the lead vehicle crested the hill, two technicals and a handful of infantry on top of a hill wiped out the over half the squad along with the CO, ASL and BSL.

The remnants liberated a technical and recovered a truck before pressing on up the road to the base which the enemy had cunningly abandoned, once the remnants had cleared the base the enemy sprung their trap - swarming up the hill on technical and foot, wiping out the remaining NATO forces.

Due to a minor clerical error back in the back office; this patrol was mistakenly marked as a victory.
:siiigh:

Nightforce - I laid down a cunning plan, and we kinda died. Personally, I fail to see how the two are connected. :oops:

Reppyboyo

Re: [Tue] 10 Feb (BBC Radio Bristol)

Post by Reppyboyo »

Not sure what was going on with the AI in these missions but each and every one I was taken out quickly with a single headshot. o_0

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

My first session, this. In true FNG fashion, none of my setup worked (no head tracking, mic problems, the orbweaver setup started acting funny, Arma decided I didn't want to play at one point, and so on).

Indfor don't surf started off okay, I headed away with Alpha 2 as the FNG rifleman and we flanked out north and into a gully where we advanced along to flank Opfor while our SL distracted them... as Opfor did exactly the same thing using the same gully. I was about 20m east of Alpha 2, prone and wondering where the heck all that contact SL was having could be coming from, and two Opfor lads wander out of the bushes about 15-20m in front of me. So like a good little FNG I spend thirty seconds yelling "Contact 20m North" into my mic waiting for Alpha 2 to acknowledge... and then Opfor shot me in the face. Our brave medic revived me and the FTL, and I unloaded two mags to where Opfor had been and both my RGOs, then bravely ran away to try to flank round behind them. And then 20 seconds later, my FTL asked if I had any RGOs left and was I speaking on the wrong channel and while I was trying to figure out what was mucking up my comms, Opfor shot me in the head again and I was spectating.

About ten seconds after that, I found my microphone cable had unplugged itself. /sigh

Routine started off perfectly innocently - "So after the ambush -" "Wait, what ambush? Didn't you say this was a routine patrol?" "Er, yes, ignore that, perfectly routine". I got slotted as the SL's medic "Because the CO has to live" which I assumed would mean I'd stay alive a little longer this time.

What I didn't realise at the time was that I wasn't so much the FNG as the UGV. So our CO drove us over the crest of the hill and two technicals shot him in the face with a 50 cal. My hud said he was still alive (by the way, that was impressive Lynche, you must have taken at least three rounds to the face by that point going by what was left of the windscreen), so I figured it'd be impolite to shove his body out the door and reverse off, so I planned to jump out, shelter behind the hunter, and return fire until the others caught up to us.

Have you ever noticed that it's hard to outrun a 50 cal round from a technical? Yeah, I noticed that too. I think I managed to get to the rear wheel of the hunter, almost three feet in total, before I was spectating.

Hopefully someone recorded BigBoss's glorious last stand, where he bravely outflanked and got the drop on some 30-odd AI and two technicals...

Nightforce saw Arma be Arma and kicked me from the server and by the time I joined back in, stuff was underway and I couldn't join in the fun, alas.

And the afterparty salt flats mission was fun too, though maybe not having hatchbacks in there would be a good idea, since we couldn't shoot back at the technicals and were reduced to ramming them and trying to dismount and shoot (yeah, that didn't work so well). And then Opfor lined up our bodies to execute them by backing over them with a truck, but lost patience and just shot us in the face.

All told, a lot of fun. Thanks folks!
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Imnotdannyboy

Post by Imnotdannyboy »

Routine was great. We totally won.

After initial contact the rest of my fireteam was wiped out. Me and the last two(?) members of alpha spent a bit of time searching for survivors, and eventually came across the last three members of Bravo. I end up joining with Bravo and acting as their driver as we make our way through second contact and eventually our FOB. After relocating to the technical we drive around back and light up the super secret ambush, only to realize that the super secret ambush was just a distraction from ANOTHER super secret ambush.

A much larger super secret ambush.

But whatevs. We won, right?

Video recap:

I missed Bigboss's last stand, unfortunately. Was having fps issues.

boberro

Angry Tigris was angry.

Post by boberro »

Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Good night as usual guys, thanks to all involved.

Sparks, even with your comms issues on INDFOR dont surf, you still put up a good fight. Props to whoever on my team healed up me and sparks and got us all back in the fight. There was a minute there when I was sure we had outflanked the enemy, but alas we were counter-counter-flanked.

I really enjoyed the first mission also, was nice to succeed for once. Almost had a clean run for alpha-2, before Zitron decided to sneak up on the AA and get his face shot off.

See ya Sunday!

Gemoxy

Post by Gemoxy »

Hi all!

I've got like a 1 hour stream of the Bay game last night. It was quite fun leading you guys to certain doom.

http://www.twitch.tv/transgemmar/b/623043150

Edit: Forgot the link

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Usual highlights vid, although i didnt get much due to dieing really quickly each game.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Was a great session (was there for the first two games).
Thanks everyone for being such a welcome community, definitely joining in on more sessions!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Leroy wrote:Thanks everyone for being such a welcome community, definitely joining in on more sessions!
Ditto!
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse