[Tue] 14 Apr 2015 (Tanks for all the fish)

How we died (in the future)
Pickers

[Tue] 14 Apr 2015 (Tanks for all the fish)

Post by Pickers »

A massive thanks to the 22 Comrade's joined us for this Tuesdays session of Arma 3 shooty fun for the proletariat.

Missions played:
  • Cloudline
  • Altarian Healthcare
  • Cratesistance
  • Weekend Warriors
After Party:
  • Tank u Comrade
If you have any comments, videos, pictures, tales of how you/those around you died then please share them here. :D

Tigershark

Re: [Tue] 14 April (Tanks for all the fish)

Post by Tigershark »

I'd just like to highlight that I remain undefeated in Cratesistance as a Commander. Just saying. :laugh:

This despite being shot in the first 20 secs of the mission by Boberro....oh yeah...who was one of my FTLs :siiigh: Now he is going to give you a (now in my defence post) which will go on and on and on and on about something that happened somewhere at somepoint and someguy....but please ignore. He will not be of this world for long. *nods to hired goons who quickly dissapear from view*

Sure there have been some close calls in my various Cratesistance wins....and it may have come down to a one-on-one fire fight in some attempts that some how luckily tipped the scales as a win. But a win is a win bitches. Bring on the contenders :hist101: :hist101: :hist101:

Goading....I am goading you (no...not goating Bodge....that was one time and you promised to......never mind). I welcome seeing you on the Cratesistance battlefield. Except you Boberro.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Tiger you are just looking for trouble, aren't you? :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

boberro

Post by boberro »

After tonight I started thinking, that maybe, just maybe, I need a computer from this decade, that could run arma and record videos at the same time. Then I realised that I was the FTL in all this missions and that it'd be embarrassing to watch. So no new PC in '10s.

Cloudline (J2 FTL)
First I teleported my team into the rock, and I was the only one who could leap out of it. Then just after I said "you're clear to engage", a (not so) friendly grenade exploded under my feet.

Altarian Healthcare (A2 FTL)
As mission began, we did overshoot our disembark point, so we had to hike quite a while to get to starting point of yet another hike. I'm not sure if it was wrong stamina management in my team, or if I'm too soft on people, but we lagged behind decided to guard the rear.
After we conquered an empty house, and successfully assaulted wooden shack potential enemy bunker, A2 flanked the compound, secured eastern entrance and waited for other elements to start the attack. We did encounter small resistance, when two one man patrols stumbled upon us, but there was nothing we couldn't handle.
...nothing but x-ray vision strider, that in short burst eliminated whole our fireteam, while shooting through walls.

Cratesistance (AAF A2 FTL)
The plan was simple - 3 crates are near each other (no. 2 at the west, no. 3 in the middle and no. 4 in the east) and the eastern one is the easiest to get, so defenders should wait at the middle facing east, and we'll attack no. 2. As always, a plan means complications.
First of all, I fucked up and didn't make sure my team knows we're not teleporting, but HALO. As a result of that my team had a nasty surprise of being sent into the air and they opened parachutes early. If not for "safe start" mechanic, they'd be dead in seconds, as the second complication came from south-west - direction from WE were supposed to come.
When I was on the ground, my ducklings in air started getting shoot at. They reported technical and people walking on our hill. Well, there wasn't time to wait for them to land, had to go myself - I run on first guy, facing A1, soon after. One burst in his direction was enough. As I moved near cover, which also happened to be near just killed enemy, I realised that:
1) he had our uniform
2) he's still alive and now I can't let him live.
3) by the way he dressed, he was just asking for it I forgot to turn nametags on.
Anyways I patched our commander up, and what happened to Tigershark later is not my responsibility.
There was no more time to waste, as previously reported contacts were getting closer and closer. I got 3 of them, before someone shoot me, and made me bleed for next few minutes.

Weekend Warriors (A2 FTL)
Not much FTL-ing, not much embarrassment. Everyone just found a window and tried not to get shot much. It was first time we played this mission, when my fps didn't drop to 3.

Tank u Comrade (unwilling CSAT Tank 1 commander)
Lack of people promoted me from driver to commander slot. Lack of crew made us (me and Bormanov) move slower while and T2 rushed forwards. Lack of communication with T2 made us think that enemy is not charging (they charged and killed T2) and I decided to move around and up the mountain, in order to counter their flanking manouver (they did not flank). When on the hill, we found a burning wreck (of T2) and decided that it's not on T2 position (it was) and that it must be enemy tank that T2 destroyed before they died. That meant there's only one enemy to hunt down.
Some time later, after we were sure that south-western side of the isle is clear, I decided to finish it with a showdown. We moved to position that, while being flat and in the open had big white garage we could use as a cover, and marked our position on the map.
It took them around a minute to get there. I mean into our sights. First shot - hit, second shot - they exploded.

We won.

"There's still one tank left" said Pickers.

Wut? But how? We had to move from showdown point, and fast. We moved to higher ground, but there was no sight of enemy tank. And then I realised, that there's AH1 marked on map. That was what we needed to find them. We moved north looking for them, until we found ourselves at CSAT starting point, marked by burning attack helicopters and one unused tank. Since enemy having so many tanks was clearly a witchcraft, I jumped into the third tank, leaving our old one in hands of Bormanov we doubled our efforts to find them before they found us. Once again we rolled west.
"Here they are. Direction 250, distance 1100" called out Bormanov.
I jumped to gunner position, and probably got them with my first shot, but I still made sure of that with second one.

We won again.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

I also got shot by Grumpy...

Me across TS global channel: "I am moving to flank enemy coming at us from SW"

Grumpy: "Look over there....someone who looks like us! SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!" :jihad: :jihad: :jihad: :jihad:

:siiigh:
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

I noticed your helmet somewhere between pulling the trigger and you going down. Don't blame me, blame weapon resting. :D Normally I would've just shot everything around you. Speaking of which, has anyone else notice that weapon resting has made us a little too effective. I'm going to try and enjoy it while it lasts. I doubt the party will let this go on much longer.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Grumpy wrote:has anyone else notice that weapon resting has made us a little too effective
Speak for yourself Comrade, I remain hopeful that with hard work and diligence I might one day rise to the rank of Mostly Harmless.

I don't see to much of the AIs being suppressed by the way, I thought that was the Big New Thing on the AI side of the DLC?
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse