[Sun] 19 Apr 2015 (Frogger)

How we died (in the future)
AJAX
Host

Re: [Sun] 19 Apr 2015 (Frogger)

Post by AJAX »

Would love to see the floating cross-hairs go away and see way-points be enabled. The lack of in game situational awareness compared to Real Life would make way-points very nice to keep direction and maintain situational awareness. Cross-hairs are just silly in this game the way we play with dead not talking and using 1st person only... Why Cross-hairs and not way-points :confused: ?

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

I will have to disagree with comrade Ferrard a bit here.

In the run-up to the first attempt at Lightning Strike there was a discussion about these things. And we changed the presented party line. That some members appear not to have noticed the discussion is a bit unfortunate but apparently the case. The Party apologizes for the confusion.

In my world having FTL/AT outside and AR/AAR inside the vehicle makes sense. It preserves the colour coded teams, and means you have an HMG, Anti-Tank asset, and a Grenade Launcher all readily available. The extra medium range rifle of an AR would give you better coverage for the threats which are the easiest to deal with (the squishies) whilst all the other assets help you with everything else. Also, having AR driving means that the vehicle can withdraw immediately upon facing heavier threats, whilst the AT is immediately available to deal with any such threats. Having the vehicle GTFO whilst AT and FTL tries to deal with the threat (if possible) is better than having AT scrambling out of a vehicle that may or may not be blown up before he even makes it out. As such i much prefer it when AT is out and about and ready to respond without any logistics overhead.

In a world of infinite party comrades what fer says makes sense, attachments are fun, and any time you can give me two full squads with extras i'm all for it. As is i view it as better to have two full squads with their limited anti-tank capabilities than having one and a half squad and extra assets needing additional planning/commanding overhead.

In a regular mission your focus should be the SAW. In a mission that involves one HMG per fireteam i do not think that should be the case.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

AJAX wrote:You know the actors in Biggles where on a sound stage for close ups as well. Just sayin... And most jet scenes in Top Gun were real shots , just did not have actors in them. Tom is insane but Top Gun was a great movie for the time. IMO....
Top Gun and Biggles came out in the same year.
Today, Top Gun is just plain cringe-inducing and the flying was so silly as to make the whole thing boring even then (seriously, you can't get interested in something that is so obviously fake during the stunt sequences).
Today, I can't breathe normally during the flying sequences in Biggles (especially that run down the firebreak) because they're just that damn crazy-scary-insane. Those stuntmen really were risking their lives for those sequences (and in some others set in the same period - small planes just don't know it's a film and they'll happily crash and kill the pilots regardless of the cameras). And it comes through on every frame.

That pretty much decides it for me :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

fer

Post by fer »

Comrades, as General Secretary of the Party, I want to assure you all that within the Politburo there is never any confusion. Clearly, we have been betrayed by enemy agents, who have introduced conflicting documentation into our Great Library of Military Doctrine. We shall retire to a secret location for senior Party members (which is well-stocked with vodka) and hold a conference on the matter. Announcements and executions will occur in the fullness of time. For now, please feel free to keep posting your ideas. It helps us know who to arrest.

:science101:

Also, comrade Sparks, you are wrong about Top Gun. Proceed to the reactor room of K19-III, where you have new duties to perform. I regret that we are fresh out of protective clothing and respirators, but we salute your bravery.

:v:

Noose

Post by Noose »

Sparks wrote: Noose managed to pull off a simultaneous kill of a tank with being killed by the tank, his RPG passing the tank's bullets in mid-air.
So that's what happened. Thought for sure that I had blown myself up! Glad to make one final contribution to the glorious clause.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Noose wrote:
Sparks wrote: Noose managed to pull off a simultaneous kill of a tank with being killed by the tank, his RPG passing the tank's bullets in mid-air.
So that's what happened. Thought for sure that I had blown myself up! Glad to make one final contribution to the glorious clause.
It was GLORIOUS!
The tank even took a cinematic moment of tension before exploding after you hit it :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

pepper

Post by pepper »

I said it : "Top Gun sucks" and I stand by it, no matter how dire the consequences. OPEN YOUR EYES!