[Sun] 26 Jul 2015 (HS;LD-APFSDS:IIa-FINAL3.pdf)

How we died (in the future)
Ferrard Carson

[Sun] 26 Jul 2015 (HS;LD-APFSDS:IIa-FINAL3.pdf)

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Missions: Afterparty: The roused rabble of tonight's shenanigans numbered a cool, even 32 glorious comrades.

It was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away on the shores of Altis, when a wild assortment of yahoos descended upon a stranded government patrol in Rebel Alliance, Pt. 7. They murdered our poor, defenseless boys as they tanned in the sun, awaiting their rescue. Reports of murderous AAF bastards put down by heroic revolutionaries with dashing mustachios are all patently false. We know this, because the rightful government of the Republic of Altis and Stratis crushed a rebel team as they tried to destroy a water truck en route to thirsty orphans via MSR Delfinaki. The truck burst into flames. Yes, err... flammable water. It's a new thing, both hydrates and supplies calories! Then, FIA proved just how treacherous they were by stabbing their erstwhile comrades in the back in Corporate Synergy! NATO's speedboat mounted miniguns, aerial-mounted miniguns, and man-portable miniguns many, many men quickly put an end to this. NATO then struck back at FIA and their CSAT advisers in HS, LD fashion, but these must have been Echo troopers, not Delta, because they missed one CSAT adviser and the rebellion lived on. Not for long, however, as Rebel Alliance, Pt. 6 saw an AAF motorized platoon utterly crush a FIA base of operations.

Please use this thread to share your tales of woe, heroism and patriotic fervor (though The Party makes no guarantees of compensation for limbs, lives or dignity lost in the course of our glorious revolution). Stories are beautiful, stories accompanied by tasteful screenshots and video are even beautiful-er as handsome comrade Sparks proves on a twice-weekly basis!

Once more, we truly appreciate all the lovely comrades who joined us this evening. Forward unto the firing squad!

:clint: ~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

madrak_the_red
Host

Re: [Sun] 26 Jul (HS;LD-APFSDS:IIa-FINAL3.pdf)

Post by madrak_the_red »

A fantastic evening all around, though I missed slotting for the first mission by about 1 minute, grr. Though I would like to nominate Christian and Mamuto for the hero of the party award after their performance in MSR Delfinaki.

More in depth AAR to come if I remember. If not, see ya'll in 3 weeks
TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

MSR Delfinaki deserves its own iconic imagery. A tribute to a lone survivor who stood toe-to-toe with an entire BLUFOR, bloodied its nose, killed its commanders, and then went head to head with Comrade Carson and his entire fireteam and almost made it back to cover and a better weapon than a 9mm PDW.

Mamuto, take a bow. :D
And while you're at it, accept (posthumously) the Party Sneaky Bastard Medal, struck from one of Comrade Carson's own shuriken...

For services below the norms of social decency and good topiary...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Xostriyad

Post by Xostriyad »

I was rober_000, random Reddistan that saw the glorious call to freedom and/or subjugation and decided to join in.

Only tales of woe. In the valley of death... I died standing too close to my Fireteam leader that was carrying a pack full of magnets.

Second mission... died... as things looked like everyone was cool and suddenly everyone was shooting.

Third mission, managed to pick up two comrades so we could die not a minute later in an room that suddenly filled with bullets.

Then real life aggro'd.

Fun times! I'll try to make it next week!

Mamuto

Post by Mamuto »

Comrades. I am back from the land of Tigersharks (Australia) and am now in the land of freedom (Murica) and of course had to join the agrarian revolution for a Sunday session!

Loving the new sound effects, they totally disoriented me.

I missed the first mission and joined as a Alpha 1 FTL for the mission where we were backstabbing the bad guys. Too bad they were onto us and led us into a trap and mercilessly gunned us down. Next time :argh:

The next mission was an adversarial which involved an ambush. I was on the ambushing team as the gunner on a technical, Boberro being the driver. We set up two ambushing teams, and the technical was farther down the road waiting to swoop in once the ambush was sprung. Like all great plans, however, nothing went according to the actual plan and (after a sizable wait) we could do nothing but listen to our team slowly get exterminated by that devilish HMG Stryder. I radio'd to Alpha 1 to ask if anyone is still up and when no one responded I looked to Boberro to tell him that we're on our own... except he was sprawled face down in the middle of the street...

It was at this point that I channeled my inner Dslyecxi and sprung into action. I hopped into the driver seat and immediately drove across the road to the south and away from the bloodbath. As soon as I was about 100 meters away from the highway, I swung west and drove like a madman, dodging ditches and stone walls. After a minute I turned north and to my utter surprise I ended up exactly where I wanted to be: directly in front of the fuel truck. I jumped out, got on the gun and let loose a full belt of 50 cal into the truck, exploding it. At this point I thought the mission would end... But I guess not? That should probably be clarified.

Instead I jumped back into the technical and drove back east towards the fray. After about 100 meters I saw a vehicle parked on the side and an enemy (CO Kefirz) standing by it. I pulled up nearby and jumped out. We traded a few grenades and then I saw him flanking me to my front right. We traded actual shots now and I ended up the victor. I totally forgot to make sure he was dead-dead, which was probably the biggest mistake I made because Kefirz had plenty of time to radio out to Ferrard what was going on. I ran into some bushes to reload and catch my breath and try to figure out what to do next. I decided to loot Kefirz's gun so I started to run back when his truck blew up directly in front of me, hurting me. As I was healing up, someone put an RPG into my technical, so my options were that much more limited. As I made my way to Kefirz, I realized he was still alive, so I finished the job but took immediate fire so I had to retreat.

The next ten or so minutes involved me hiding in reeds and bushes dodging fire and trying to cheat death. I shot down another enemy (but only to the downed medic stage) and then I tried to maneuver back south and east (thinking they wouldn't expect that). I was mostly right and I almost made it back but got shot as I was a bit hasty as the mission was dragging on and I had to go do things IRL.

Great fun as always. I'm doing a cross country road-trip for the next few weeks but I'll see you guys in a month or so!

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

To my mind, this session was proof that an armed MRAP is best used as an independent attachment than a transport vehicle, especially in ORBAT 2015. IN MSR delfinaki, the strider was a powerful asset on its own and was useful for firepower, manouverability and recon with its powerful optics.

In rebel alliance part 6, bravo, the strider caused me no end of problems. We were providing fire support from 500-750m, which was long for bravo 1's 5.56mm weapons, but ideal range for mmg and the strider. So I had a choice, either push bravo 1 forward or have half bravo 1 in the strider shooting and the other half standing around. In the end, that's what I decided to do, but I think a lot of bravo 1 felt a bit useless that mission.

Nim

Post by Nim »

Peasant wrote:...I think a lot of bravo 1 felt a bit useless that mission.
To be fair I feel a bit useless during every mission.

But yeah it was a bit of an issue. We ended up splitting up the FT, and I didn't really know what to do with the Vic so I handed it off to the SL which was probably a mistake.

Nim

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Music first:

Rebel Alliance, Pt.7

Alpha Squad Lead

The plan: Advance through a valley towards a small patrol and engage them, after that we would move on the halted patrol.

So we moved out and I spotted some guys, once the fireteams were set up we engaged them and that engagement lasted quite long.During it, A2 moved up ahead to a nice rock and I wanted A1 to go there also, but they went to a completely different hill with no cover and it started to get painful for them and some of them died. Meanwhile the CO also died, so I took over and Ferrard was acting ASL. I opted for a different approach and we disengaged and maneuvered to the southern part of the halted patrol. From there Alpha covered Bravos assault and while Bravo was clearing the cluster of houses a reinforcement team showed up from the south, so Alpha had to take care of them also. In the end it was a mission success.

MSR Delfinaki

ASL and thus the acting CO

The plan : Employ the strider's advantage of engaging enemies at long range as much as possible. While the infantry would sweep the buildings. And the fuel truck would be hiding in a safe place.

The light fog gave us a disadvantage in terms of visibility, so the strider had to maneuver closer than I would liked. Yes the mission started off quite slow (I even asked Ferrard if this has a timer :D ) but eventually we were past the first town. A1 went to clear a compound that was a bit further than the first town and apparently they all died there. Next time if you are in trouble, or even incapacitated, but not yet dead, just say something so we can help you. It doesn't matter what role you have, if your team is in a sticky situation shout in teamspeak, it's ok to do it in that situation. Finally, when Zitron approached the compound he informed the rest of us and promptly died after, but the strider rode in and avenged all your deaths.
Meanwhile A2 was maneuvering through a gulley north and pushing in the next town. A serious resistance was in the church and the strider helped A2 with that one. While A2 was clearing the town and the strider shooting some guys in the town, someone (later found out that Mamuto) sneaked around us and got the fuel truck. By that time the strider was done and Mamuto drove on the road where I was. I tried to grenade him, but the grenade from my launcher didn't trigger because he was too close. He stopped and I threw some more grenades. I was too aggressive and should have stayed where I was, behind cover. He shot me, but I still managed to relay information and A2 started the cat and mouse game in the reeds. Eventually Mamuto died and FIA was destroyed, but they managed to get our fuel truck, so it was a draw.

Corporate Synergy

Some AR in Bravo.

Nothing much to say about this one really, things kicked off too fast....
Great job to whoever managed to blow the IFV. Basically people started dropping fast, until I was kind of in charge, so I just said to stay in houses in relative safety and shoot them as they come to you. Eventually we all died anyway.

HS, LD

AR in Bravo 2

We were on guard duty, so we did the best we could, Suicideking (B2 FTL) died and I was acting B2 FTL. We shot some dudes around us, but I'm guessing the main forces from the south never reached us, then our chopper flew in and we extracted, taking only one causality.
In the end the mission was called a failure, because there was still one HVT left.

Rebel Alliance, Pt.6

Bravo 1 AR

Pretty relaxing mission for me, ran around and shot at some dudes, then it was called.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Kefirz wrote:A1 went to clear a compound that was a bit further than the first town and apparently they all died there. Next time if you are in trouble, or even incapacitated, but not yet dead, just say something so we can help you. It doesn't matter what role you have, if your team is in a sticky situation shout in teamspeak, it's ok to do it in that situation.
Um, Kefirz, I was A1's FTL and I was yelling down teamspeak at you...
"A1 is engaged"
"Sparks is down"

and you responded to me...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Had quite a lot of fun, only died quickly once, in HS, LD.

MSR Delfinaki
FIA A2 FTL with ZeCatnip (AR), Nim (AT), and... :?: another AR.

Reduced to a 4-man team due to slotting considerations, we were asked to occupy wall street a walled compound with three entrances - a gap between the buildings to the right when facing the road, a gap where the wall was broken to the left, and a gate that opened on to the road. The enemy would come from the right, so we only really needed to watch the right gap and the gate. The left gap would be used to ambush AAF forces when Eagle_Eye (ASL)

I set up in a concrete building near the left entrance with a window and door facing the gate, and another window facing the right side gap. I watched from the right-facing window, and tasked Nim to watch the gate. My ARs had taken position inside another stone building next to us, doors and windows facing the gate, however one door opened near the right side gap.

The idea was to let them pass and ambush from behind, however if they were searching the buildings along the road and entered the compound we'd engage.

After much tense waiting, suspense, illusions of engine noise and bored banter, I finally caught sight of the enemy strider in the distance, but it disappeared quickly. Eagle_Eye was watching from afar, he couldn't see the enemy either, after that initial glimpse. After some more suspense, the strider came and stood right next to our building. Whoever was watching from the windows ducked, but a few seconds later I popped up and saw an AAF Fire Team troop in through that gap. I asked everyone to engage and opened fire, took cover after they took a few casualties and switched to the grenade launcher. The other guys got a few kills too, then I opened up with GPs. Nim unfortunately couldn't get a clear (and safe) LOS to the Strider, but ZeCatnip (i think) disabled the gun briefly, so we got some more time to shoot at the squishies.

The Strider eventually got a repair and opened up on us with indiscriminate fire, and I managed to doge the first round. I got up to GP it, and I think I did hit it once. However by the time I reloaded, it drove right up to the door, and I decided to take a suicide GP shot at point blank range (I wasn't sure whether it'd detonate, but hey, had it equipped). It didn't explode, and I couldn't duck in time to doge the next round of .50 cal fire at point-blank range.

Of course, christian and Mamuto stole the show. :D :jihad:

On a more serious note, if you are not the FTL and in a Fire Team, you're requested to:
  1. Not talk on TeamSpeak unless it's an Afterparty mission, your FTL is dead/afk/unresponsive for a long time, or it's an emergency (or there's general banter going on during lulls in action). Reporting to or responding to SL is not your job - and it can get confusing for SL or the other FTL. Three voices should not originate from the same fire team unnecessarily. Report to the FTL via Group VON, and let her/him pass on the message should they choose to do so.
  2. Not take orders from SL directly. SL asking a Fire Team to do something is an order to the FTL, and it's the FTL's discretion on how to micromanage that. And of course, the responsibility of screwing that up is of the FTL's as well. Do confirm orders and don't get yourself killed, but don't try and implement SL's orders autonomously and to the letter (unless asked to do so by the FTL).

Rebel Alliance Pt. 6
MG Team Spotter with Eagle_Eye (MG Gunner).

Attached to Bravo, we enjoyed a relaxing hike through the hills, shooting at people far away while Alpha was busy getting its hands dirty.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com