• Rebel Alliance Part 5
  • Puddle Jumpers
  • Technical Difficulties
  • HS,LD
  • Self Service
Afterparty
  • Shipping Problems
  • Race Thunder
A rabble of 25 comrades for tonight's menagerie of missions.

Opening up with a daring convoy raid, our band of FIA rebels discovered the importance of proper Anti-Tank procedures when applied to enemy IFVs. (This is why the explosives range is so important comrades!) After piecing ourselves back together, we decided that the rebel lifestyle wasnt for us. We were more of a leet oper8r style group, and we needed bigger guns. Puddle jumpers proved just the thing then to test our skill. The CSAT mech force smashed through the FIA blocking position, and with some careful advancing cleared a foothold in Neochori. Next up, we had 2 helicopter based missions, with NATO forces getting the better of the FIA raiders in Technical Difficulties, and a revisit to the Delta force raid on Lakka in HS,LD. Although I once again died far too early, leaving the chain of command in dissaray, the CSAT HVTs were successfully eliminated, with the choppers leaving no man behind (except for the burning wreck of TH2). To finish up, a FIA group attempted to sieze the shipping container yard from the defending AAF in Self Service. Although the FIA fireteams managed to clear part of the compound, some sneaky flanking by Kefirz and Ralian left the remaining 2 FIA soldiers with an uphill struggle, eventually bringing the game to a 3v2 with AAF winning out in the end.

As always leave any comments/stories below, along with videos and screenshots. Suggestions for the mission makers also always appreciated.

See you next time!

Freyja
Host

Re: [Tues] 28 Jul (Press Q to win)

Post by Freyja »

Puddle jumpers seemed to create more than a few situations of "I really hope the guy pointing an RPG at us wasn't friendly"

Mine: https://i.kiwi.io/i/z3jostjzue.png

Ninja: https://i.kiwi.io/i/szu5n9tmtc.png

SuicideKing
Host

Re: [Tue] 28 Jul (Press Q to win)

Post by SuicideKing »

I'm still utterly confused regarding the VIPs in HS;LD. I saw a bunch of people in FIA uniforms and one dude in a CSAT uniform. Apparently we killed 2 CSATs. Bravo first said they killed two then that between both of us we killed two (when I said we killed one). Then when I was running around in confusion towards the end, double checking the houses, Ccrassus (new player I think, can't remember the spelling) said that we (Alpha) killed two.

And of course Eagle_Eye jumped in from Limbo to tell us we should get out.

p.s. I think Reppyboyo was confused about what was to be done after picking us up ("Okay, take us home", "I don't know where home is!"), so I think it'll be good if the CO explains that in the briefing (though I think that CO/ASL did say that), or if you could add an "RTB" or "Extract here" marker from the mission editor itself, Eagle_Eye.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

I enjoyed that mission despite the confusion.

Not sure what the hell happened to Alpha, didnt even realize we took fire before landing till i saw the dead guy on my right bench after take off. From there most of them seemingly got annihilated quite quickly.

Just to note, when you mark an LZ be ready to get on board quickly once landed. Ended up leaving a man behind initially due to him taking his sweet time.
Which then lead TH2 to somehow hit a building. :P

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Please tell me someone taped that one :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Nim

Post by Nim »

I've got decent video from Puddle Jumpers and HSLD. I'll work on getting it processed and uploaded tonight.

Nim