[Sun] 02 Aug 2015 (Fighting Chinchilla)

How we died (in the future)
Pooter
Host

Re: [Sun] 02 Aug 2015 (Fighting Chinchilla)

Post by Pooter »

Tigershark wrote:
Nim wrote:My favorite part was when CO told me to have Raptoer fly instead of Tigershark and then the jet exploded.

Nim
This. I also liked how Raptoer then started to blame me....did you even put the flaps down? Um...I did...but even if I hadn't...you were the pilot Chinchilla boy.
I don't remember that. I saw that I had an option to put the flaps down, so I did. I forgot that the buzzard has two flap down positions, and on that runway it is preferable to use single flap down rather than double flap down.

I also snap forgot that the speed was listed in km/h so I saw 160 and thought "Oh thats plenty!" and started to pull back on the stick.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Pooter wrote:I also snap forgot that the speed was listed in km/h so I saw 160 and thought "Oh thats plenty!" and started to pull back on the stick.
That's the most likely thing to have done you in. You probably could have squeaked out with the double flaps even (though you might have clipped the roof of Tigershark's rental car), but the 160 just put you in that over-V1-under-V2 place where you're out of runway, altitude, airspeed and luck :(

Mind you, I still think the last run was funnier, when the pilot drove straight into the wreck of the IFV that BLUFOR had destroyed earlier in the mission :D

We're still going to have to call you Speedy Chinchilla for a while though...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Nim

Re: AAR

Post by Nim »

Sparks wrote:...a strider dukes-of-hazard-ed out of the darkness and missed running over me by about two metres, and as BSL fled past me, the strider swiss cheesed me with point-blank 50cals. The entire "engagement" took just long enough for an enthusiastic expletive.
For the record that was Bravo Medic leaping over your dead body, not BSL.

o/

Nim

Sparks

Re: AAR

Post by Sparks »

Nim wrote:For the record that was Bravo Medic leaping over your dead body, not BSL.
Ah. What I read was BS50caltotheface so I missed the M/L difference there :D

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Comrades, a new plan for buzzard has emerged, given all the hassle we've had with that pesky "takeoff" stage...