[Sun] 16 Aug 2015 (Its raining choppers)

How we died (in the future)
Black Mamba

Re: [Sun] 16 Aug (Its raining choppers)

Post by Black Mamba »

Ralian wrote:Um, I don't remember placing any snipers down in that mission. Could you have mistaken 7.62 rahim rounds for sniper fire as that's not normally what you're getting shot at with?
Well, yeah, probably 7.62. I called this sniper fire because of the pattern: single spaced shots coming from what appeared to be a single dude. It seemed odd at the time and I assumed you were trying to scare us a bit, but maybe it was just the AI doing their thing.

As for the IED, I'm just glad it wasn't a grenade.
Edit: watched the relevant bit of the video, I'll blame Aqarius for my death.

Sparks

AAR

Post by Sparks »

Only just made it in this evening, darn near missed slotting.

Helljumpers
MMG1 Spotter with LordHughes (Gunner)

Hooray! The mission worked! We're in a helo over the drop zone! What's that whistling noise? Where's the helo? How far above the minimum safe opening altitude of 100m am I? What do you mean 80m? Eeek!

Having managed through sheer skill and good looks to survive our arrival in the AO, we found we were scattered a bit and headed to the RV point marked by Carson to regroup. There wasn't much resistance along the way, but once we moved from the RV point onwards, we started to hit scattered patrols, and then an unarmed strider tried to drive over all of us. We murdered it right back, and pressed on with the attack, fighting our way up to our OP Saskachawan (Gesundheit!) where we discovered we'd be ambushing a bloody tank. HAT managed to eliminate it, while MMG killed all the crunchies we could spot. Then another tank rolled up behind us and HAT shoved a rocket up that for good measure. We had a bit of a comms kerfuffle and nearly friendly fired a Bravo straggler because of it :P but managed to avoid it, and then we all headed south to the motor pool to kill more AI. We got to the hill overlooking the pool and were busily suppressing bad guys when my machine bluescreened and had to be hard reset (hence no video for this section :( ) By the time I rejoined, it was all over but the bragging, and about 60 seconds after I got back to my gunner, the mission ended. Oh bother.

Good Morning Altistan
Bravo 2 AR with Zitron (FTL), SuicideKing (AR), Pickers (RAT), Dabbo (R) and Grumpy (R)

Simple plan this - Big Guns Bravo lands at the end of the runway and hoses down the entire airfield with 50cal and AR fire, then Alpha lands... in the buildings we're shooting at? Er...

Also, I loved the briefing:

"Your enemy is ill-equipped, he only has bullets that are larger and more powerful than yours..."
Yeesh!

We landed fine, took the airfield with more hassle from ourselves than anyone else, had a particularly nasty bit of clearance work by the hanger, then watched as the Hurons airdropped (literally) all our vehicles for the second phase of the mission, where we drove around for a long time and I got lost :D
Then after Zitron jinxed us all and nearly got us killed twice in thirty seconds (once from my driving and once from an enemy helo), we advanced on the town and took it, eliminating obvious civilian saboteurs along the way. We lost two clearing buildings, but after that pretty much held what we had without challange until the mission ended.

Low Tide
Bravo 2 AR with AJAX (FTL), ZeCatnip (AR), Jigsor (RAT), Lugnut (R)

Taking the northern end of the AO this time, we ran into our first contact and engagement 30 seconds after the safe start. That kindof set the tone really. We had a lot of long-range talked-in-by-FTL AR work in this mission, but 6.5mm AR vs 50cal mounted machine guns is not a contest - we were plinking at guys 800m out at one point because we knew we had to get them and couldn't really get much closer. Then we walked into a small valley, a technical drove past the end of the valley and half the fireteam was just gone. Blue team pressed on, tried to assault towards where we thought the enemy was and got totally clever-girled and bled out in a field calling out positions and bearings to the end.

Just chillin'

It turned out command had been withholding information for morale purposes :D Then we got to spectate TH4's rather spectacular "landing" (did calling them in to *that* LZ count as teamkilling? Definitely seemed to count as griefing :D ) and then Mambo's incredible glory charge for which he has to be awarded the Hero of Folk ARPS medal:

After-party : Tank U Comrade
TNK2 Driver with laser (Gunner)

Very dodgy start aside, this was a fairly normal run of Tank U - lots of trying to be sneaky-sneaky around the countryside while driving in a hundred-ton main battle tank, then first person to spot the other one wins :D

guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Sparks, you make the best AARs. Hope you had fun with my mission... the AAF actually isn't well armed. I just picked the closest rifle to the AK unmodded arma has... the AK round is shorter than the rounds in the rahim but they both penetrate larger materials so it's all good. They're less armed when it comes to equipment, special weapons, and number of grenades and magazines.

Thanks for the video, it will be helpful to see from your perspective. Also, note how close you were at 17:00 in your video to hitting a mine... that would have been almost as funny as CO hitting it... :lol: Just look at where the mines were around where I told Mamba to look at in my video.

Also, your cut of TANK U has the title "helljumpers" in the beginning.
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Helljumpers
A2 FTL

A2 landed quite a bit away from the LZ, but we made it back alright. There were some sporadic contacts as we made our way to the radar station, and an IFV that ran right past us but didn't do anything. From the radar base we saw a tank looking at us, and I asked A2 to hide, while the rest of Alpha ran around.

ASL got shot eventually, so Kefirz (A1 FTL) took over. Just before we pushed into Sofia, Kefirz got shot as well. A1 was down to 4. We had 5, losing one of our ARs in the dash to the town. I was now acting ASL, and for the first time didn't run around utterly confused.

Anyway, I sent A1 up on the left of the road we were on and eventually asked them to guard CO (Toaster?) after he got shot once. MMG2 took some time to join A1 but they did eventually. We cleared the right of the road and made sure the westerns side of town was less angry.

Finally everyone met up with Bravo at the motorpool, and we had lemonade. :v:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com