[Sun] 23 Aug 2015 (AAF is best AF)

How we died (in the future)
Eagle_Eye

[Sun] 23 Aug 2015 (AAF is best AF)

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Comrades Rejoice, Tonight our platoon numbered 35 as we took the fight to the enemy on air, sea and land.
The party participated in the following operations: We also had a chance to play a new afterpary mission also by Ralian, "Glub Glub Glub" saw some intense underwater synchronised dying by all involved, and old favorite Shipping problems closed out the night with a very intense night time stormy action.

As always, comments are most welcome below, especially with regards to new missions for ideas to improve existing missions and make shiny new ones. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

Tigershark

Re: [Sun] 18 Aug (AAF is best AF)

Post by Tigershark »

Pretty sure it is the 23rd of August

AH-6 Laying the smack down.

Oh look...an AAA!

and he REALLY likes us!
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Eagle_Eye

Re: [Sun] 23 Aug (AAF is best AF)

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Tigershark wrote:Pretty sure it is the 23rd of August
You didnt see anything comrade...

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Yeah, that AA gun was really painful. And it didn't help that a house fell on my head also :owned:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

We couldn't understand why all three of you poked your head around that corner one after the other, each making the AA gun madder than the last until it finally brought the house down on you :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

ZeCatnip

Post by ZeCatnip »

In our defense, it seemed like a really good idea at the time :D !

darkCHOZO and I managed to survive the house coming down on top of us, but at that point it dawned on us we were the only two left pretty much.

If I might make one suggestion, Surfs Up gets dark a bit too quickly. Once it does, INDFOR is pretty much at the mercy of that Little Bird

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

I was the pilot in the littlebird for Surfs Up and I can tell you for certain, you were not at my mercy.
Keeping in mind I had no NVG's, I was near blind and had to rely on tracer fire to figure out where to put fire down.
Once the tracer fire died down I couldnt do anything, so In an attempt to draw INDFOR out I switched all my lights on and dropped altitude.

Unfortunately for me this worked too well as I quickly received a bullet in the head for my troubles.

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Will throw out videos when I get home. There were some badass moments this session, including one where I (as CO no less) was two or three meters from becoming roadkill from a completely unexpected ifrit HMG that blew down the road in the complete opposite direction we were advancing.

God that ending to Surf's Up was amazing though. I was like, well, I really need to balance this more in AAF's favor, even though they have the bigger guns. And then NATO went and died. :siiigh:

Also eagle eye, thread's up for surf's up, if you could link it. Feedback is welcome there, everyone!

Thanks for a great session from everyone, and from our host. Tell me what your favorite part of the session was and why it was glub glub glub! :dance:
Last edited by Ralian on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Sparks wrote:We couldn't understand why all three of you poked your head around that corner one after the other, each making the AA gun madder than the last until it finally brought the house down on you :D
Some of us had AT weapons I think, and I was trying to get someone to shoot the damn thing.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Mabbott
Host

About IFV Command in Lightning Strike.

Post by Mabbott »

I do apologize for my commanding in Lightning Strike. Because of my various problems I've been having with my mouse lately (ex. I'm running an autohotkey script to make MMB work properly.) I immediately assumed it was a technical problem. I have a bad habit of immediately grasping at whatever information comes first and sticking to it. I believe that a combination of not commanding in a Marshall for a long period of time, thereby making the problem seem larger in comparison to the past, and perhaps there is a technical problem. I haven't tested either possibilities yet and I do still think there is some problem but I don't think something technical was the only problem.

Apologies to Pooter, and Gemoxy especially for ruining your fun in that mission, and to Ralian for not being as effective in the command seat and possibly ruining your plans.

Mabbott
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101: