[Sun] 23 Aug 2015 (AAF is best AF)

How we died (in the future)
Sparks

Re: [Sun] 23 Aug (AAF is best AF)

Post by Sparks »

SuicideKing wrote:
And then the mission ended. One casualty, few kills, and honestly it didn't feel like we'd been of much use.
Hmmm. Though I think this is a discussion for the mission thread, but do you feel that it would have been better with just two squads? I suspect I'm suffering from confirmation bias and we'll have to try that mission on Tuesday once.
Wasn't the sense that I got, I just felt like we were out of position and behind the curve pretty much from the dismount onwards. Alpha got the radar station, Charlie got the western approach to the town, then Alpha and Charlie got the rest of the town. Bravo got to watch. And get shot at from random angles. And our sole casualty wasn't even what the enemy was aiming at.
/sigh
(Love the badger! :lol: )
Words to live by.
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Sparks wrote: Wasn't the sense that I got, I just felt like we were out of position and behind the curve pretty much from the dismount onwards. Alpha got the radar station, Charlie got the western approach to the town, then Alpha and Charlie got the rest of the town. Bravo got to watch. And get shot at from random angles. And our sole casualty wasn't even what the enemy was aiming at.
/sigh
Yeah. I suspect we kinda had to, as our IFV was the long distance big gun weapon thing. We couldn't go too far ahead, though in the end we got separated from it (at least, I was trying to keep up with BSL and not lose sight of you guys).
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

zitron

Post by zitron »

Sparks wrote: Seriously, out of curiosity, were people out of grenades, or was Tubby just not passing on intel of where Zitron was, or did everyone just get disoriented in the dark?
I kept him alive as a hostage to hopefully stop them from nading and strafing the house I was in. They knew I was in there anyway, since they were shooting at me the whole time as I run back to the club. I killed him when I heard foot steps outside.

Also dark and gemoxy did a good job as well, killing the rest of them and taking down the helo.

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Sparks wrote:(Railan is obviously a soft touch)
Out of curiosity, what does this mean?
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ralian wrote:
Soft hearted. Insufficiently viciously sadistic as a mission designer. Where was the fleet of MBTs? Where were the unmentioned IEDs on the MSR? Where were the bunkers with 50cal and GMGs? :D

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Sparks wrote:
Ralian wrote:
Soft hearted. Insufficiently viciously sadistic as a mission designer. Where was the fleet of MBTs? Where were the unmentioned IEDs on the MSR? Where were the bunkers with 50cal and GMGs? :D
I didn't author that mission. I believe suicideking did (but forgive me if I'm wrong.)
This session my sadism showed as making people run around in the pitch black with no NVGs or scopes in Surf's Up.
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ralian wrote:I didn't author that mission. I believe suicideking did (but forgive me if I'm wrong.)
This session my sadism showed as making people run around in the pitch black with no NVGs or scopes in Surf's Up.
Ah, I thought SK had done Surf's up, my bad.

SK, you're a soft-hearted wimp :P

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Well, I didn't want everyone to die in the start, and the town was crawling with people.

Since the mission was originally designed to be played with 2 squads, without Charlie we'd have walked into a trap.

I had put more people in those buildings at the start, but in my Extensive Zeus Simulations I found that AI vehicles would die horribly. Not wanting to penalise the CO or SL that decides to not stop and check those buildings, I removed them.

:science101:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com