Re: [Sun] 23 Aug (AAF is best AF)

Post by madrak_the_red »

Your bloody marshall drawing all the AA fire down on my firteam
TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

Well that too. You could have not stood beside the IFV drawing fire.
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

ZeCatnip

Post by ZeCatnip »

Kefirz wrote:
Sparks wrote:We couldn't understand why all three of you poked your head around that corner one after the other, each making the AA gun madder than the last until it finally brought the house down on you :D
Some of us had AT weapons I think, and I was trying to get someone to shoot the damn thing.
Is there a minimum range for a PCML rocket to become live? I put one into it's turret and it just pissed it off, then someone else did the same shortly after. It was pretty close range, so I was wondering if there is some minimum it has to reach before arming.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

PCML : Probably Couldn't Mark Linoleum
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Hornets' Nest
Bravo Medic

Chose a medic slot so I could hang back a bit and keep tabs on how the mission was going. PLAYTEST, PLAYTEST! :science101:

Had to resist the urge of saying stuff like "oh there's no one there! Stop hiding!"

Bravo was getting shot at from all over the field, and Toaster was Glorious Suicidal BSL. Kept him alive till the end though.

And guys, if you request a medic for your team, please tell the medic who should be treated. It keeps showing the * heal indicator even if you don't needed or have received treatment, so it's confusing.

Surf's Up
BLUFOR Rifleman A1

"Let's go revive Sparks! Is that friendly? My map doesn't show friendlies so close...looks AAF...SHOOT - dead."

Lightning Strike
A2 FTL

Ran around, got shot, accidentally declared myself ASL after A1 FTL died even though ASL was alive, wondered what Bravo was still doing outside the AO, got killed.

A box in a box
AR in A1

Ran around, shot some enemy dudes, almost killed Eagle_Eye because he looked suspicious, hid in a house till the convoy came.

Which it never did, because our AT guy sprung early and hit the tank. :commissar:

Got swarmed by enemy dismounts, and tried to spray fire on three enemies at once, hit none of them and got shot.
:siiigh:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Ccrasus

Post by Ccrasus »

Which it never did, because our AT guy sprung early and hit the tank.
Your AT guy didn't spring early, the fucking convoy stopped infront of the town and started firing.
I never know what to write here

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Highlighty stuffs as usual, HD version should be up shortly.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Ccrasus wrote:
Which it never did, because our AT guy sprung early and hit the tank.
Your AT guy didn't spring early, the fucking convoy stopped infront of the town and started firing.
You sure? I definitely heard a rocket first and everyone sounded very confused.

(Were you our AT guy? :lol:)

fer

Post by fer »

I heard a rocket being fired from our positions before the convoy arrived (although I hadn't, as CO, asked for any attacks to be made on the convoy). What I'd like to know is whether or not the convoy had started firing before that happened - it's possible it caught sight of our fighters engaging AAF in the town, for example.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

fer wrote:I heard a rocket being fired from our positions before the convoy arrived (although I hadn't, as CO, asked for any attacks to be made on the convoy). What I'd like to know is whether or not the convoy had started firing before that happened - it's possible it caught sight of our fighters engaging AAF in the town, for example.
Hmmm. Indeed confusing. So our Fire Team was the closest to the convoy (on the other side of the road from where we started) - and I don't remember hearing any fire before I heard the rocket. I was hiding in the top floor of our building with another AR guy, who's wall was facing the convoy's direction (I was overlooking the street), so he may be able to tell you more.

I do remember our FTL (Soviet) saying "it wasn't us" after a while though, but nobody said anything on Group so I'm assuming our AT guy was in front of him.

Rocket launch sounded very close and to my right, but maybe that was just confusing sound thanks to the more complex (or flawed) acoustics.