[Sun] 06 Sep 2015 (40mm Rainfall)

How we died (in the future)
SuicideKing
Host

Re: [Sun] 06 Sep 2015 (40mm Rainfall)

Post by SuicideKing »

Aqarius wrote:Spoopy Swamp
NATO BSL
Yeah... I'd say it's been conclusively proven that Arma's lighting engine is...limited.
Apparently removed some lighting features during the Alpha or before it.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18873
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4180
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Sparks

Re: AAR

Post by Sparks »

A fun evening and finally was happy at my standard of flying too...

Spoopy Swamp
Bravo 2 AR with Peasant (FTL), ZeCatnip (AR), RawDog/AI (RAT), Dabbo (R) and Grumpy (R)

Well... this one didn't work so well to be honest. Pitch darkness, no NVGs and lots of flashlights and headlights drawing fire from every AI on the map, all of whom seemed to be able to track us fairly well. Plus, every time someone in a hunter lit you up with headlights, it drew fire down on you. Which was suboptimal. In the end, an EI ran across our path ten metres in front of me, it took almost thirty seconds to verify it as a target, half the team lit him up and he still shot me in the head. Harumph.

Edna
Bravo 2 RAT with AJAZ (FTL), Nim (AR), Zenzos (AR), Dabbo (R) and Jakob (R)

A meatgrinder of a mission this one. We dismounted, got up to the ridgeline but didn't crest, AJAX jinxed Aquarius who drew fire two seconds later and we lost an IFV at the same time. And we were about thirty seconds into the mission at that point. We took the ridgeline and started engaging EI out to 600m or so and they returned the favour. We lost AJAX in the process and Nim took over, sending everyone down to secure WP Kane. I got disoriented trying to find AJAX's body to nick his stuff, and as I sorted myself out and legged it after the team, found Nim bleeding out and patched him up. We headed down to Kane, me picking up an AR along the way, and us getting a good view of the second IFV exploding.
I grabbed Dabbo's AR ammo and threw most of it at some EI shooting at us from the coast, then we disengaged as Alpha flanked those EI and we legged it for an overwatch posiiton. We lost Jakob along the way and almost lost me but for Dabbo's first aid, and then a minute or so later, an Arma bug when I got shot in the head while bipod'd and yet survived and was able to heal myself. Is that weird I'm-driving-so-you-can't-disable-me bug happening with bipods now?

We got to the outcrop, suppressed the crap out of people, I realised I'd been on the wrong teamspeak channel for half the mission, then we got hauled off there by BSL and thrown into a push forward. I got shot in the spleen by an EI we'd missed, Nim revived me, we shot lots more people, then BSL called another charge. Rather than lug my PCML and spare rocket another hundred yards, I fired them off in the general area we were headed to, ran five steps forward and got shot in the head. *sigh*

I guess I really am Tigershark's cameraman...

Hexagoners
Alpha 1 AR with Madrak (FTL), BeforeLife (AR), Mabbot (RAT), Zenzos (R) and Grumpy (R)

Yeah, very useful map there Arma, thanks for that. *sigh*
Started off this mission taking care of my ACO (green). Then some funny sod put more into my backpack. Git.
We legged it southwest to our OP. We got shot at. Madrak said there was enemy nearby. Stuff exploded, half the team died, shooting stopped, we moved on. NATO took the base. We heard more shooting. NATO were all dead. We won. The end. Never saw a single enemy from start to finish, only fired once (at my discarded ACO).
Eh...

HSLD (II)
Pilot, TH1 with Tubby McChubbies (occasional copilot)

This so made up for other stuff :D

Took TH1 with Tigershark in TH2 and Costno in TH3. We had a bit of a chat in planning about LZs and approaches, settled on the insertion LZ and options for extraction. Set a formup point, an IP for the run-in to the LZs, and got the helos on their own teamspeak channel. Sweet.

We loaded up, spun up, lifted and flew to the formup in a very loose non-formation, got the go and all three of us headed in from a tight stationary formation, dropped low on the approach and flew the last km or so under 10m (me, I was dodging bushes below 2m - very operator :D ). I even managed to do that flat-circle-flare thing right on the LZ, I was seriously chuffed about that. Then after I called 'out out out', my copilot got out and vanished. Eeek? What? I waited for him to get back in as long as I could but no joy, so I lefted and left him have fun playing soldier with the other groundpounders. TH1-3 and CO in his own personal chopper reformed at the formup; CO had me land and took Tubby's seat and we were back at the forum with a spare helo now cached inland.

The ground troops were very quick, all three caches vanished into fragments quite quickly and then we were all headed back into pick everyone up. TH3 got the nifty in-the-compound LZ, while myself and Tigershark got LZ road to the south. I landed on the northern side of the road and we were immediately taking sporadic fire. And again, Alpha were light on the sprinting getting to the choppa :D Then an offroad tore up to us and got into a firefight with Alpha and Tigershark's engine ate a lot of bullets. He repaired, I loaded (and Tubby found his way back, yay), TH3 was apparently killed, I lifted with a full chalk, CO did some logistics and lifted in TH2 a few minutes later with everyone else. We weren't sure he could do that, so I'd dropped my chalk on the nearest spit of land south, well shy of base, but we'd shuttle the troops home once we evac'd the AO. Unfortunately, when I said "I want everyone but tubby to get out here', I wasn't clear enough about the "wait for me to land" bit so darkChozo jumped out early and then I landed the MH9 on top of him. But he survived, so I guess that's okay. TH1 lifted, headed back to the AO, only to immediately get waved off by CO who'd managed to fit the remnants of the squad into TH2 and was evacing. And then we called it before I lifted Alpha 1 all the way home.

Apart from darkChozo, I was quite happy wit the flying in that :)

:clint: AWESOMESAUCE!!!!! :clint:

Inter IV (with M14s)
Alpha 2 rifleman with Netkev (FTL), Pooter (R) and Eqbot (R)

Nice straightforward fire-and-sneaky-manouvre this one. Alpha 1 plinked at the enemy, Alpha 2 snuck up to rifle range, then Eqbot and Pooter gave covering fire while myself and Netkev assaulted. That worked so well that I wound up bleeding out in the middle of a field while Pooter and Eqbot were dead and only Netkev made it :D But we were redeemed a minute or so later when Netkev unloaded a magazine or two to get the enemy's attention while Alpha 1 snuck up into grenade range and annihilated the enemy. Victory!

Afterparty
Assault on Precinct 13

Fun map. Never fired a shot, never saw an enemy but nice idea for a mission...

Salt Riders

Well, that was the shortest run I've had on riders yet, followed by one of the funnier ones :D

Shipping Problems

BLIP! PAGING BLIP TO THE MISSION EDITING SCREEN! WE HAVE A BUG REPORT...

Glub Glub Glub

This started off great and it's growing on me. I really do have to map my swim up/down keys now...

guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

Sparks wrote:Unfortunately, when I said "I want everyone but tubby to get out here', I wasn't clear enough about the "wait for me to land" bit so darkChozo jumped out early and then I landed the MH9 on top of him.
If it's any consolation, I knew we weren't on the ground. I was curious if I could survive that 5-6 meter drop with breaking my poor armaman's legs. The answer, as it turns out, is no.
Last edited by darkChozo on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Sparks: I know you love to have a copilot to boss around, but in HS:LD, there are none to be found. The reason is that to fit in everyone to the choppers (2 per squad), we need 7 seats in the helo. Plus the pilot makes 8. So next time dont try and kidnap one of the CTRG operators to be your personal valet in the passenger seat!
DarkChozo wrote:If it's any consolation, I knew we weren't on the ground. I was curious if I could survive that 5-6 meter drop with our breaking my poor armaman's legs. The answer, as it turns out, is no.
Chozo this is the kind of scientific mentality that we here at the party science division aspires to. I would like to offer you a prestigious spot as our new intern. Tell me, do you have any experience with extremely high powered lasers?

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Eagle_Eye wrote:Sparks: I know you love to have a copilot to boss around, but in HS:LD, there are none to be found. The reason is that to fit in everyone to the choppers (2 per squad), we need 7 seats in the helo. Plus the pilot makes 8. So next time dont try and kidnap one of the CTRG operators to be your personal valet in the passenger seat!
Awwww.
I thought Tubby was my copilot because he said he was (it's in the initial boring load-up phase when he first hopped in the helo, that didn't make the cut for the final video because it wasn't the most interesting bit in the world).
But I like the idea of having a personal valet, it worked really well in Quds Radio Hour (granted, with a larger helo, but the extra pair of eyes watching for LZ obstacles and so on is always useful).
DarkChozo wrote:If it's any consolation, I knew we weren't on the ground. I was curious if I could survive that 5-6 meter drop with our breaking my poor armaman's legs. The answer, as it turns out, is no.
Chozo this is the kind of scientific mentality that we here at the party science division aspires to. I would like to offer you a prestigious spot as our new intern. Tell me, do you have any experience with extremely high powered lasers?
Oh, you lucky sod. I can't look into the laser with my remaining eye anymore, Comrade Tigershark was most insistent :(

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Sparks wrote:But I like the idea of having a personal valet, it worked really well in Quds Radio Hour (granted, with a larger helo, but the extra pair of eyes watching for LZ obstacles and so on is always useful).
It is nice on occassion. Unfortunately when slotting those roles are by far the least important to the host, and really we need good numbers to get those sorts of logistics slots filled up (as we saw with almost record numbers I think for QRH).

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

darkChozo wrote:
Sparks wrote:Unfortunately, when I said "I want everyone but tubby to get out here', I wasn't clear enough about the "wait for me to land" bit so darkChozo jumped out early and then I landed the MH9 on top of him.
If it's any consolation, I knew we weren't on the ground. I was curious if I could survive that 5-6 meter drop with our breaking my poor armaman's legs. The answer, as it turns out, is no.
Oddly enough, I managed to survive a fall from Kavala Hospital's helipad the other day.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Eagle_Eye wrote:
Sparks wrote:But I like the idea of having a personal valet, it worked really well in Quds Radio Hour (granted, with a larger helo, but the extra pair of eyes watching for LZ obstacles and so on is always useful).
It is nice on occassion. Unfortunately when slotting those roles are by far the least important to the host, and really we need good numbers to get those sorts of logistics slots filled up (as we saw with almost record numbers I think for QRH).
Alas, true. What we really need is the ability to slingload one person by his belt; that way we could fly into the LZ with a pilot, co-pilot, full fireteam in the back and on the skids, and the squad command element or his medic slung underneath by the seat of their trousers with the better view of the terrain and the tactical situational awareness that provides...

Soviet

Post by Soviet »

Sparks wrote:
Eagle_Eye wrote:
Alas, true. What we really need is the ability to slingload one person by his belt; that way we could fly into the LZ with a pilot, co-pilot, full fireteam in the back and on the skids, and the squad command element or his medic slung underneath by the seat of their trousers with the better view of the terrain and the tactical situational awareness that provides...

I would pay money for this privilege.

"Da tovarisch, I see them! Blue team move forward! Wait, they're all dead?! Damn you AAF! Swing me closer!!! And throw my Zubr down here!"
"I guess I really am Tigershark's cameraman..." -Sparks
"My flights are terrifying for my passengers and myself" -Ralian

Tubby McChubbles

Post by Tubby McChubbles »

And there I was thinking you just liked my company, Sparks!