[Sun] 06 Sep 2015 (40mm Rainfall)

How we died (in the future)
Eagle_Eye

[Sun] 06 Sep 2015 (40mm Rainfall)

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Tonight our platoon numbered 35 as we fought and died over inexplicably small towns for no good reason.
The party participated in the following operations:
  • Spoopy Swamp
  • Edna
  • Hexagoners
  • HSLD (II)
  • Inter IV (with M14s)
  • Assault on Precinct 13
  • Salt Riders
  • Shipping Problems
  • Glub Glub Glub

As always, comments are most welcome below, especially with regards to new missions for ideas to improve existing missions and make shiny new ones. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

Ccrasus

Re: [Sun] 6 Sep (40mm Rainfall)

Post by Ccrasus »

Twas the night of exploding death for me

Spoopy Swamp A2 FTL
Me and my fireteam got blown to pieces by UGLs and bullets fired through the reeds right after entering the swamp.

Edna A1 RAT
Was obliterated right at the start investigating the roadblock by some pretty big explosions, probably RPGs.

HSLD (II) A1 FTL
Not my day, was the first to get killed entering the compound.
I never know what to write here

Aqarius
Host

Re: [Sun] 06 Sep 2015 (40mm Rainfall)

Post by Aqarius »

Spoopy Swamp
NATO BSL
Yeah... I'd say it's been conclusively proven that Arma's lighting engine is...limited.

Edna
NATO BSL
Well, Charlie got pinned and chewed out quite badly, so Bravo was mostly moving with an exposed northern flank. Also, Alpha got chewed up and pinned quite badly, so Bravo ended up taking point in the assault. By the time we got to the city, Alpha was all gone, Bravo was just the Sl element, Charlie was hiding in the hills like the cowards that they are engaging the enemy's northern flank, and I was out of both 'nades and ammo. Favka ordered a charge. So, I picked up a stray zafir from a random enemy and me and darkChozo went full Rambo, charging out of the reeds, hip firing into the enemy camp. And with that, the credits rolled 8-) .

Hexagoners
CSAT ASL
Hexagoners, my ass :laugh:
[/allegedly]

fer

Post by fer »

Aqarius wrote:So, I picked up a stray zafir from a random enemy and me and darkChozo went full Rambo, charging out of the reeds, hip firing into the enemy camp. And with that, the credits rolled
Real Party-loyalist SLs know to charge with their pistol in-hand. #justsaying

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

fer wrote:Real Party-loyalist SLs know to charge with their pistol in-hand. #justsaying
As I said, "out of both 'nades and ammo" :jihad:
[/allegedly]

fer

Post by fer »

I only said 'pistol in-hand'; I didn't mention anything about firing it.

:v:

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

fer wrote:
Aqarius wrote:So, I picked up a stray zafir from a random enemy and me and darkChozo went full Rambo, charging out of the reeds, hip firing into the enemy camp. And with that, the credits rolled
Real Party-loyalist SLs know to charge with their pistol in-hand. #justsaying
Pistol? Is that what we're calling that now? Okey-dokey...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

Spoopy swamp b2 ftl

We shot in the direction of things, got lost, watched the rest of bravo be hit by all the grenades, had rawdog replaced by an ai , sent AI Rawdog to sit in the naughty truck, Got real rawdog back but broken, fixed him, had him replaced by an AI again, sent him back to the naughty truck, then the mission ended. Mission had potential but needed work. Have submitted ideas in the thread. Learning point: I allowed myself and my team to be sucked into an extended firefight,and got way behind where I should be. Must try to avoid in future.

edna CV gunner
There are always titans.

inter IV (M14s) defender lead

Our contact reporting was not good enough. Contact reports are really important in urban terrain where you might be the only person covering a certain arc. Also, when everyone has m14s, firefights sound wrong.

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

Aqarius wrote:Spoopy Swamp
NATO BSL
Yeah... I'd say it's been conclusively proven that Arma's lighting engine is...limited.
Yeah, that didn't go so well. On the other hand it lead me to discover that that I can scripts vehicle lights brighter and control the light that flares makes. I can control the brightness, it's attenuation and even make it into a cone. Arial flares can be useful for once!

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

Spoopy Swamp
As others have said this is slightly difficult, I spent most of my ammo just spraying in the direction that other people were shooting. Never saw an enemy. Never killed an enemy. ;)

Edna
This mission was very intense. Half my fireteam got chewed up by enemy fire about 3 minutes in (I managed to survive by bravely being in defilade). Our remainders collapsed down onto Charlie SL, and then attempted to move north and higher onto the hill, where we soon lost CV to an RPG. The rest was just a crawl as Fer tried all he could to keep us alive the entire mission, that is until the party grew bored and demanded a glory charge towards the town. I was the first to be cut down...

Hexagoners
First time getting to play my mission :D. Personally I think I gave everyone too many frag grenades, I'm considering reducing it to maybe one per person. Any feed-back would be appreciated.

Inter IV
Straight forward assault with an overwatch element and a flanking element. Except the flanking element became the bait element, and the overwatch element became the creep into town element. Managed to down at least 1 I think!