[Sun] 20 Sep 2015 (Netkev Hook-up)

How we died (in the future)
Boarnoah

Re: [Sun] 20 Sep 2015 (Netkev Hook-up)

Post by Boarnoah »

Yikes that looks like something out of some nasty war footage. Incindentally how did you get a shot from behind I thought Alpha and MMG were the easternmost elements in the town.

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

I used the leethax I installed on the server while nobody was looking.
Just kidding, I was dead (although that was due to technical difficulties, not lack of skill mind you :P)
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Fun, fun, fun, all day long, for THERE IS NO NIGHT IN THE PARTY COMRADE. Sometimes there is dusk, and sometimes there is a very dark overcast day BUT THERE IS NO NIGHT.Do not believe the rebels who would have you believe otherwise, for the Party has them under surveillance, the Tokarev-wielding hipsters...

Generally Negotiable
Alpha 2 AR with Soviet (FTL), Jigsor (AR), Bodge (RAT), Boarnoah (R) and Delta (R)

Once more we challenged Comrade darkChozo's wonderfully concise mission, but on this occasion, our initial contacts to the east were unable to kill us all immediately. Alpha 2 pushed far to the south-east prosecuting those woeful singletons, despite an occasionally lucky shot to my bonce, from which superior Party medical aid was able to revive me continually. We then gracefully wheeled north, interrogating suspected collaborators as we did so, and engaging in a demonstration for all to see of our marksmanship prowess using the bell at OP Faith.

We pushed into the town, amidst a modicum of confusion from Bravo's close proximity, but it was a cowardly wallhacking enemy firing blindly over a garden wall who, in a single lucky burst, knocked several of our teammates on their butts along with the squad medic. Revives and covering fire soon sorted out this problem, and we pushed up and secured the meeting site for Comrade Netkev to commence negotiations with his Makarov. A squad of enemy made a poor life choice and attempted to approach us; they were shot so hard we knocked them out of their truck before it had stopped. It was glorious Tovarich. Shortly afterwards, just after an impromptu reallocation of party resources towards the best interests of the mission in a field-expedient manner, negotiations were concluded, but as I turned to rejoin my glorious comrades, a snivelling cowardly enemy shot me in the back and ended my mission. My entire fireteam riddled the scum with bullets in reprisal, and his comrade in arms after a failed grenade attack on Comrade Medic Fer. Meanwhile, Comrade Netkev had left the town, was picked up and driven to the exfil point and the mission was declared a Great Success Tovarich!

HSLD(II)
Pilot, CO Helo

Oh Comrades! If I could but sing to you in the language of our people, of the Glory and the Joy that comes from flight in the name of the Party! The tension as we load and spin up, the joyous bound to the air with our strong and vibrant Comrades to hand as we take the fight to the Enemies of the Party through the powerful craftsmanship of our Party engineers! Is it any wonder that Comrade Tigershark and Comrade Fer are sometimes overtaken by the strength of the bond between the brave souls who throw their lives to the Party's whims? And who hasn't accidentally reached for the collective and grabbed something that causes a Party member to rapidly leap skywards for other reasons?

Our plan was conservative, careful with the lives of our men. We landed on either side of the doomed Enemy, took them by surprise and destroyed them and their hateful caches in mere moments, but the cowards had called for help and the enemies of the Party have not been adequately thinned in that damned region and they swarmed upon us. TH1 was lost in a brave but futile attempt to extract Alpha 1 under heavy fire, and so the CO helo was pressed into service. Alpha and Bravo pulled south to the coast, sheltering behind a large solar collector tower. TH2, TH3 and TH4 in turn landed at this hot LZ and extracted a helicopter's worth of brave soldiers of the Party south to our base.

Alas, when CO's helo approached, I confess to you, my Comrades, that I was not as explicit in my radio communications as I should have been, and in the ensuing evasive manoeuvring to avoid colliding with the egressing TH4, I bounced. Our Party's engineers know no equal, but they also do not know how to build an MH9 that you can bounce off the ground at 40kph without damaging... well, everything on board. The main rotor and engine were offline and my smooth insertion had gone awry. As I examined the damage and began field repairs, Comrade Commander Netkev arrived to inspect the repair work and ensure that only the highest safety standards would be met for our brave Comrades' extraction. All seemed well with the repairs and I planned a short hop to the LZ and to continue the extraction; but before Comrade Commander Netkev could be appraised of this plan and hop on board, a technical arrived and damaged the helo further with an lucky burst of 50cal fire. Comrade Commander Netkev leapt aboard to conduct extraction operations from the air, and we lifted in an attempt to evade fire, somewhat hampered by a now-damaged tail rotor. My plan was simple - withdraw a kilometer or so, land, repair again and re-insert for the evacuation. However, on landing we discovered my field repair kit did not have the necessary flanged widget and the repair was impossible. Without a working tail rotor, the LZ was untenable for our helo, and so our brave fellow Pilot Comrades were pressed into service to make a second run into a hot LZ.

Comrade Commander Netkev and I, however, had the task of returning the Party's helicopter to base for repairs, which proved slightly tricky - the final remnants of the tail rotor linkages had severed on landing so we had no tail rotor control at all on takeoff and were forced into some... entertaining manoeuvring to regain control via weathercocking. It also made our landing... inaccurate. However, we believe full repairs can be effected and the Party's helicopter will bear our brave Comrades to battle once again in the near future.

Except for Traiter Tubby, whose gross act of betrayal earned him a summary execution on our return to base for shooting his commanding officer in the field. His name shall be stricken from the books and his image redacted from official Party photographs.

Idiots II (updated)
FTL, Alpha 2 with Lietuvis (AR), Reppyboyo (AR), Stoner (RAT), Grumpy (R) and Delta (R)

Ah, tovarich. Some days the Party smiles upon you and hands you a map, a pair of precious binoculars and the responsibility of leading several of your Comrades into harm's way with the goal of returning them all alive to the Party after the mission is successfully accomplished. Today was such a day, and our brave Comrades had a heavy task, for they would be thrown into the clear air a kilometer above a swamp containing anti-aircraft batteries that would hamper our Comrade Pilots to the north and so must be destroyed.

After an initial briefing on which string needed to be pulled in order to live, and when to pull it, we arrived in dusky nothingness over the target and fell to earth like dazed and inebriated seagulls with rocks duct-taped to their feet. Most of us deployed between 200 and 140m up and landed in a nice tight area and rallied up. Comrade Stoner had displayed considerable initiative however and had deployed his Party-issued parachute at 800m and was now providing aerial reconnaissance and support as we moved up to our initial marker. While we will proceed with the standard operation to treat his initiative, we do feel we should commend his intent in the record, that his family might understand that we do not remove his temporal lobe lightly.

Shortly after we all rallied, the enemy taunted us by sending armored helicopters to drop troops ahead and behind us. In each case we repelled them with heavy machinegun fire and 40mm grenades. We then pushed deeper into the swamp, sweeping through it to the south of Alpha 1. Bravo located and destroyed two of the AA vehicles, then Alpha 2 discovered and cleared a small group of shacks and enemy vehicles and Comrade Grumpy located the third and final AA vehicle, planted a demolitions charge and we withdrew to a safe distance and dispatched the hated tool used to harass our Comrade Pilots in the North.

And thus was our mission successful and we were able to return all our strapping young vigorous Comrades to the tender care of the Party and whatever next use Comrade Tigershark could find for them.

Inter IV (updated)
Zombie spectator...

Alas tovariches, sometimes the winds of fate blow oddly and curdle the milk of progress and we must all partake of the watery cheese that results. This time the poutine-like mess fell to my keyboard. I could not see the initial briefing, and was thus denied a glimpse into the mind of Comrade Commander Ralian, and was the poorer for it. Nor could I partake in his tactically revolutionary plan, instead being forced to watch an inferior artificially naked intelligence take over.

It did afford me an overview of the assault and its repulsion, which was both instructive and entertaining; but I honestly will not be able to explain to the Party's analysis section what the hell happened in that gully with Comrade Stoner and his highly suspicious meeting with the Enemy. Could it be that he too is in league with them? Could he be a sleeper agent, even unaware himself of his nefarious programming, waiting only for the appropriate catchphrase before performing a heinous act of treachery heretofore only seen in the heart of battle by the Traitor [REDACTED]?

Only time, and the Party's most excellent chemical interrogators, can tell.

Overrun
Green Team AR, Bravo 1, with Mabbot (FTL), Grumpy (Blue Team AR), [REDACTED] (Green Team R) and Cardova (Blue Team R)

This mission is sent by the Party to try us, tovariches. It reminds us that we are but men, weak and fragile mortals burning in the fire that is time. We exist only for a short period, but if - if - we are fortunate enough, if we work hard enough, if we sacrifice all in the pursuit of it, we can achieve a Glorious ending in the service of the Party that will outlive us and provide inspiration for generations yet unyoked. This mission affords us all the chance at an end, and possibly even a Glorious one. We should seize that chance Comrades! Charge those tanks! For only by sheer Will shall we prevail! Will, and perhaps a rocket launcher.

Once more Bravo took the brunt of the charge to the south. They tried to break us with GMG fire, we laughed at them. They tried to shoot us, we shot them back and gave them two bullets for every one they gave us. They tried to steal our parking spot in our own driveways with their HMG striders, we showed them that the strider cabin is surprisingly ineffective at stopping two full belts of point-blank 5.56 AR fire and a PCML rocket.

Alas comrades, today was not my day to die gloriously. The necessary counter-fire I kept up to cover my tovariches in the field drowned out my honourable CO's order to fall back and regroup and I was cut off from my fireteam and fell while trying to rejoin them. And so I watched from the Party-approved afterlife as Comrade RuckleT commandeered an enemy HMG strider after shooting it's cowardly crew and then proceeded to unload its ammunition into the enemy in a gloriously ironic (well, leadic really) turn of events. He personally held off several attack waves from his eastern corner despite an attempted friendly fire incident we will not speak of further.

Alas, the enemy was able to infiltrate several IFVs from the north-west corner and force our brave Comrades into cover, from which Comrade Mabbot fired a most effective point-blank PCML rocket into an IFV, destroying it. But then their cowardly airforce shot the town and killed it with exploding things. This afforded the bulk of our comrades a truly spectacular death, if not the glorious one they sought.

Comrade Ruckle, whose cunning deployment of smoke bought some precious minutes for him, was then ambushed by T-100 tanks but evaded their shells and withdrew into the town. He saved Comrade Stoner's life, but unfortunately Comrade Stoner rolled over to the left instead of the right and fell eight feet onto concrete head-first, negating Comrade RuckleT's efforts, and with two T-100s now actively trying to kill him, Comrade RuckleT could not reach Comrade Stoner in time a second time.

In the end, rather than be taken prisoner, and seeing ground troops closing in, Comrade RuckleT sought glory, killed one of his pursuers and then fled into the flames of a burning IFV, perishing there on his own terms and ensure the destruction of classified Party documents rather than letting them fall into enemy hands. Who knows what damage the dissemination of Comrade Tigershark's browser search history for February could have caused? We salute you Comrade RuckleT, you burned brightly indeed, what with all the vodka and the thrashing about and the inflammable polymers woven into our boots.

And thus it fell to Comrade Grumpy to finally complete the mission. His cover was excellent, his position tenable, his location unknown to the enemy, his ammunition supply adequate and there were only moments left on the mission clock. And then, with two minutes remaining, we watch in horror as he displaced from his concealed position and sought to escape the town on foot, taking fire from every quarter and evading the roaming T-100s by inches, finally escaping the town's boundaries and seeking concealment in the undergrowth at a tree; but undergrowth does not shield from thermal optics and a T-100 tank shell landed four inches from his head, ending the mission abruptly at the 29:20 mark. It transpired that Comrade Grumpy's briefing had stipulated escape from the town had to be effected by the Party's soldiers; he did not realise that the Party Science Corps had developed a means of escape for him had he just remained hidden for a few precious seconds longer. A greek tragedy in Altis Comrades; who could have predicted it?

Also, Comrade Eagle_eye, we realise that the Altis population projections were terrifying, but there really wasn't any need for field vasectomies in this mission.
We will take care of that at the Dacha later.

AFTERPARTY!

Salt Flyers (after-party)
Pilot, Helo 2 with Fer (gunner), Soviet (gunner) and Glenn (gunner)

Oh Comrades my Comrades! Even more Glorious Flight! And with a Glorious Fight in the Glorious Flight! At Night! But not really because THERE IS NO NIGHT IN THE PARTY, COMRADE!

Truly, this was awesomesauce :D

Salt Riders (after-after-party)

/sigh
Comrades, I should not drive. I think that just about covers it...

Glub Glub Glub (after-after-after-party)

Also Comrades, I should not eat before swimming...

Shipping Problems (only-the-cool-Comrades-party)

And I am now certain we are enjoying the broken version of this mission more than the working version! Truly, is there no limit to the enjoyment we can wring from service to the Party, Comrade?

guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

Ahem, I think you mean glorious comrade madrak with a point blank PCML shot there sparks.

Also, as HMG gunner I count 13 guys killed in that truck in Generally Negotiable. If you can get the damn thing to point in the right direction it is pretty strong
TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

madrak_the_red wrote:Ahem, I think you mean glorious comrade madrak with a point blank PCML shot there sparks.
Whooops! Yes, indeed, it was Comrade Madrak whose exuberant PCML use gave away the fireteam's position to the Hinds :D
Also, as HMG gunner I count 13 guys killed in that truck in Generally Negotiable. If you can get the damn thing to point in the right direction it is pretty strong
Yeah, but I don't mind. You got 13 kills, I got a slice of tarte au citron and a cup of coffee (ain't marriage grand? :D )

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

My humble contribution. All of HS;LD (II) except for the extraction, in a cut down format.

EDIT: Which isn't in HD cause I forgot to check my export settings in Movie Maker.

"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

I'd like to point out that this mission was stacked against us 11 to 17, and my team still won (though I didn't kill anyone unfortunately because I'm a horrible operator.)
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ralian wrote:I'd like to point out that this mission was stacked against us 11 to 17, and my team still won (though I didn't kill anyone unfortunately because I'm a horrible operator.)
I'd like to point out that they were kind, gentle, respectful, loving thoughts....

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

Ralian wrote:

I'd like to point out that this mission was stacked against us 11 to 17, and my team still won (though I didn't kill anyone unfortunately because I'm a horrible operator.)
Didn't you tk You and I with a grenade?

Soviet

Post by Soviet »

Boarnoah wrote:Generally Negotiable
Alpha 1 Rifleman
That poor enemy reinforcements truck east of the town got crushed by mmg and alpha.

We had a bit of bother clearing the town, I believe all but one of our fireteam was wounded by a lone rifleman overlooking the courtyard we were clearing. Matters weren’t helped as he was shooting over the top of a wall. :cry:

Props to Soviet the best and chattiest ftl I've ever seen.
I'll own up to the second part but I vehemently deny the first, you didn't see Edna :psypop: But we had a hell of a fireteam going either way, I wish we could have seen the barrage on that truck from overhead because that base of fire was beautiful. He was getting nailed from about five places. As for the courtyard mass-murderer, worry not, easily bribed administrators are find-and-replacing every mention of him with "A Battalion of MBTs" in the official party record at this very moment...

On an unrelated note, the HSLD extraction choppers lifting off or getting shot down three separate times before we finally made it to one, sprinting to safety, just feet away from escaping, only for me to catch the ole CO frag was so beautifully tragic it should have been in a Coppola flick.

Or should I say Kubrick?
"I guess I really am Tigershark's cameraman..." -Sparks
"My flights are terrifying for my passengers and myself" -Ralian