How we died (in the future)
fer

[Sun] 27 Sep 2015 (Goodbye, Tigershark)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Bees
  • Pancho TE
  • HSLD
  • RaceThunder XL (after-party) (AJAX won)
40 comrades showed up tonight to say goodbye to comrade Tigershark, who is leaving us for long term incarceration Australia this week.The staff and pupils of Comrade Tigershark's School of Gymnastics for Young Men will miss him, I'm sure, as will the investigators from the special victims unit. As I said at the top of the session, comrade Tigershark was not only a founder of the Folk Sessions (half of FA's heritage), but he ran a precursor session to Folk that informed some of the ideas and principles by which FA operates today. So, from our sessions at least, we're losing a founder, a comrade and a friend. And a sexual predator. Although it sounds likes Comrade "you'll have to guide me in, Kefirz" Pickers may have other plans ...

See you soon, comrade Tigershark. We're going to miss you. :hist101:

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Finally, some recommended reading for all comrades, new and old:
:v:

boberro

Re: [Sun] 27 Sep 2015 (Goodbye, Tigershark)

Post by boberro »

Tigershark, I believe you dropped something

Pancho was cool, but apparently enemy never read those RoE, because they destroyed a lot of buildings with their nasty GMG
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

Never thought bouys were that large, that thing is crazy big.
Wish tigershark good luck with his life back in Australia. Certainly will miss his helicopter skills.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

As i said ingame, now i know why people love this stuff so much :)

Managed to play 2 missions with you guys, had great fun, even with 15 fps on my old machine.

Here's my last moment from the second mission, that rifleman instantly blew my teammates brains out just in front of me, i had to avenge him. Unfortunately or fortunately we both went down after firing a few shots at each other. I died only to realize i had 7 grenades in my vest that i could've easily used in that situation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Btw this mission was a bloodbath.

That's me right there in that sexy pose with that PCML on my back.
Last edited by Kasmeister on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Boarnoah wrote:Never thought bouys were that large, that thing is crazy big.
That's supposed to be a WEC, from what I understand.
[/allegedly]

Sparks

Re: Farewell Comrade Tigershark

Post by Sparks »

We're gonna miss you tovarisch...

Last edited by Sparks on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stupid youtube rendering fun
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

Great session. Goodbye Tigershark, you will be missed.

pancho te MAT 1 Leader

Tubby and I ended up on the left flank of alpha, doing all sorts of non MAT ish things like house clearing, and lots of MAT ish things like looking down a great height at angry men trying to kill our friends. Eventually, we caught site of the AA tank and fired rockets at it ineffectually until it got angry and shot us into the downed state. MMG1 and medic fixed us up and we shot more rockets at the AA tank until it killed us for good.

IFV gunner

Respawning, IFV bravely plinked away and commited 0 war crimes until a sneaky got with a titan murdered us.

J1 ftl

Why does it go a,b,c,j? Anyway, after gaining a reppyboyo kindly donated my comrade sparks and replacing a customshotgun with a daf, we did some hiking, did some room clearing and some group photos.

HS,LD CO

So this generally went pretty smoothly.baring some comms difficulties. I decided to stay in the air and keep all the helis in orbit. I don't know whether others have CO'd this one from the air, but I found it made it much easier to spot reinforcements and organise the withdrawal. I'd like to know whether the alpha and bravo leaders found the Intel helpful though.

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

Ah yes, Tigershark's send off.

Bees

This mission featured the first successful flying job I've done for FA, ferrying troops and loitering on the ground without being shot by an AI. :dance:
Also, bonus footage, another angle on the Picture Kerfuffle included in the video above.

Pancho TE
Moved as the JTAC along with the rest of headquarters. Once I called in the Littlebird directly onto an AA threat, as you might have guessed my job as JTAC was complete as there was nothing else on station. Still an enjoyable mission, I managed to pick up mmg 2's weapon and plinked away at various baddies from 800+ meters alongside the sniper and with call outs from the rest of headquarters. Finally we regrouped in the town, I claimed a price of a CSAT helmet, and we had an erotic emotional picture session.

HS,LD
Second successful helicopter flight for me! :dance: Again I was in the HQ element and all I had to do was orbit the area so that Peasant could have a view of the action in the town. I got some footage that may make it into a montage later, being the fifth in a line of helicopters with their lights and lasers on was gorgeous :clint:

Also, comrades, do not bind your teamspeak key to space bar like me if you are attempting to join in on the banter. :siiigh:

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

Peasant wrote:I decided to stay in the air and keep all the helis in orbit. I don't know whether others have CO'd this one from the air, but I found it made it much easier to spot reinforcements and organise the withdrawal. I'd like to know whether the alpha and bravo leaders found the Intel helpful though.
Minor suggestion from a pilot, if we do this in the future it might make sense to only have one, maybe two helis orbit in a given area. I don't think there's thaaaat much risk of a collision, but it's rather difficult to keep an eye on both the air and the ground while also flying in anything but a straight line. It also felt like having that many people trying to talk over each other just made things confusing.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

We are actually getting to the stage now where the loiter plans for the helos in HS;LD are actually getting important because the time taken for the helos to come back in to the LZs for the extract is actually not negligible anymore.

translated: WE ARE IMPROVING, COMRADES! THE ENEMY CURS TREMOR AT THE DRUMMING OF OUR MIGHTY ROTORS! THEIR BOWELS TURN TO ICE WATER AT THE SOUND OF OUR MAGNIFICENT APPROACH! AND WHEN WE HAVE FINISHED DESTROYING THEM, WE NOW FIND OUR PARTY HELOS COULD BE just a little bit CLOSER TO THE LZ SO THAT WE NEED WAIT LESS BEFORE RETURNING TO BASE FOR OUR RE-EDUCATION SESSIONS WITH COMRADE CARSON ON THE GLORY OF THE PARTY!
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse