[Tue] 06 Oct 2015 (Communication breakdown)

How we died (in the future)
Kefirz

[Tue] 06 Oct 2015 (Communication breakdown)

Post by Kefirz »

Missions:
  • Coastal PMC
  • Rebelalliance, Pt. 9
  • SF Training ground
  • Powerstruggle
Afterparty:
  • HELICOPTERS
  • Shipping problems

First of all, thanks to all 28 guests that came to shoot some baddies tonight, in my first attempt as a host. We started off with some long range plinking in Coastal PMC, which culminated in Netkev blowing up a tower with an enemy inside it. After that we played Rebelalliance Pt. 9, where we sneaked to the enemy base and murdered them with exceptional effectiveness. SF Training ground, saw us pitted against each other in Stratis over the eternal struggle for the playground. Last, but not least, we struggled and came out as victors against CSAT occupiers in Powerstruggle.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU doesn't just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new Youtube Channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Freyja
Host

Re: [Tue] 06 Oct 2015 (Communication breakdown)

Post by Freyja »

I'm sorry IceRaiser.

Also that one guy I shot that got better.

Sorry.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

It was a fun session, as always :).We started off with an adversial with questionable balance (PMCs - us vs CSAT). After the first few minutes it was obvious who has the major advantage. The mission was to pass through the town and destroy two objectives on a hill north from it. We never reached them. CSAT had a massive terrain advantage, and spotted both fireteams before we were in a good enough position. Alpha 2 acted as a distraction element, which allowed us to sneak by to a nearby hill with a chapel on it. Unfortunately we were spotted even before we went up the hill. From there we started assaulting the enemy. After a intense firefight we lost 3 teammates, but also took some of the CSAT as well. I also tried to make a use of that PCML i found on my buddys dead body by throwing the rocket inside of that bunker we exchanged fire with for like 10 minutes. Unfortunately i hit just below the window, leaving the 4 (?) CSAT inside unscratched. Suddenly we got attacked from our west flank by a fraction of a fireteam. We held off that easily, but then the mission ended, unfortunately with a win for CSAT.

In the second mission we assaulted an enemy outpost/base at night as some rebels. Was very intense, the communication wasnt great, but we managed to kill only a few teammates :) . We started off by waiting for bravo to get into their position. Then we started the assault. We cleared the buildings and bunkers one by one, with great success. Then there was a twist. We spotted 4 enemy transport helos which dropped off 4 fireteams of hostiles. Fortunately we had the upper hand and after clearing off the last bunker we drove home. It was one of the most intense coops i played up to date, with bullets flying around, shooting through walls and clearing bunkers with 4 people inside with friendly ARs supressing it and hitting your legs.

My FPS were actually very acceptable, so i tried to save some of the coolest moments, but i forgot to turn geforce experience on and they did not save :bang: . Damn shame. I also forgot to even sneak a screenshot, so i made up with a short story this time :)

Post by 40 »

INDFOR guys about to get a surprise
Netkev admiring his prey before he kills him
Netkev choosing to go around for a better angle and hide in the bushes
Boberro about to rush the church after his partner got picked for peeking too early

boberro

Post by boberro »

Team leader shooting friendlies because "We have like 12 mags. Come on, walk and shoot!"
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

Boberro would have gotten me if not for that grenade he threw near me. I just heard it bouncing off and backed off immediately behind the smaller building near the chapel from where i sprayed my whole magazine into him :P

On that screenshot above Boberro's post you can see me desperately trying to get off that buggy rock :D

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Kasmeister wrote:but then the mission ended, unfortunately with a win for CSAT.
Actually, PMC won and CSAT lost, the wrong trigger fired. In the end all of CSAT guys were incapacitated, while there were able bodies in PMC side, so it counts as PMC victory.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

Oh holly molly thats great :D. I had no idea how many were left on CSAT and i didnt recall blowing up both objectives, but thats cool. I actually thought we ran out of time or something :D

Thanks for calling me an able body :)

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

In the end, the only combat unit for CSAT was MMG (2 guys), after they announced their position to the remaining PMC guys (4, I think), a firefight ensued.
During it, both CSAT guys went down (incapacitated), and to save time (not waiting for them to bleed out), I called a victory for PMC, but I fired a trigger from some previous mission testing and it was the wrong kind, so it showed as CSAT victory.

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Few highlights I witnessed, enjoyable session all around as usual.