[Sun] 11 Oct 2015 (First World Problems / Waffly Jesus)

How we died (in the future)
Tubby McChubbles

Re: [Sun] 11 Oct 2015 (First World Problems / Waffly Jesus)

Post by Tubby McChubbles »

I was a bit worried about being the mortar gunner, having never used it before. Thought it might be a bit boring, but after people started actually requesting fire, I found it quite satisfying to hear people reporting my hits!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Tubby McChubbles wrote:I was a bit worried about being the mortar gunner, having never used it before. Thought it might be a bit boring, but after people started actually requesting fire, I found it quite satisfying to hear people reporting my hits!
Welcome Comrade, to that deep-seated sense of satisfaction at a job well done that is the sole province of the support roles :)
You may find you enjoy it more than the call-of-duty-esque red mist of the front-line troops. This is perfectly normal, do not be worried.
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Sparks wrote: Welcome Comrade, to that deep-seated sense of satisfaction at a job well done that is the sole province of the support roles :)
You may find you enjoy it more than the call-of-duty-esque red mist of the front-line troops. This is perfectly normal, do not be worried.
This. Shoot 'em up is good, but I'll take a logistics/fire support role any day.
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Galactor

Post by Galactor »

Sparks wrote: So we ran on into the town and right into the line of sight of two enemies Bravo Vic had completely missed and I gained three pounds from all the lead that hit me in the first second of realising there had been a minor error in our communications over what Bravo Vic should do to enemies (I had meant to say "murder them all, blow them to little pieces, then urinate on the little pieces, then shoot them again", but Bravo Vic thought its orders were "ignore them, the infantry will take care of it"). Sheesh.
To be fair, Command was in my ear the entire time telling me to run straight down the middle of the town as we were on a time limit and we needed to help our friends. So we cleared a big path to the middle and murdered a heck of a lot of guys doing so but we... may have ended up in the end super out of position, alone, and way ahead of literally the entire army. Whoops~.

That being said, my eagerness in command does not diminish my pride in Bravo Vic. They did their duty real well and my gunner did great work destroying the hell out of any unlucky mother he managed to spot through his tiny slit in the IFV. Thumbs up all around.

Soviet

Post by Soviet »

Ralian wrote:This. Shoot 'em up is good, but I'll take a logistics/fire support role any day.
Playing a non-fireteam role is like taking a deep breath after pushing my head up from beneath the water, or being in the eye of the bullet hurricane that we're usually wading through. It lets you take a calm, intelligent look at the battlespace at hand, and carefully consider the options for not just yourself, but the team.

It feels weird and I don't like it, is what I'm trying to say. MORE GRENADE ASSAULTS GOGOGOGOGOGO
"I guess I really am Tigershark's cameraman..." -Sparks
"My flights are terrifying for my passengers and myself" -Ralian