[Tues] 17 Nov 2015 (Rogue T100)

How we died (in the future)
Eagle_Eye

[Tues] 17 Nov 2015 (Rogue T100)

Post by Eagle_Eye »

A healthy sized platton of 29 folks joined in on the fun tonight.

Playlist:
  • Tea Time [Co-op]
  • Winter Invasion Part 2 [Co-op]
  • Petrofied[Adv]
  • Rebel Alliance Part 9 [Co-op]
  • HELICOPTERS[Afterparty]
  • Shipping Problems[Afterparty]
As always, comments are most welcome below, especially with regards to new missions for ideas to improve existing missions and make shiny new ones. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

EvilMachineDad

Re: [Tues] 17 Nov 2015 (Rogue T100)

Post by EvilMachineDad »

Sadly I could only attent "Winter Invasion" and "Petrofied"

Good fun both of them! But i got horrible FPS.
I have an i7-5820K, 32GB RAM and GTX970 so I doubt it's the fault of my rig.. maybe my settings?

Next sunday is so far away!

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

EvilMachineDad wrote:Sadly I could only attent "Winter Invasion" and "Petrofied"

Good fun both of them! But i got horrible FPS.
I have an i7-5820K, 32GB RAM and GTX970 so I doubt it's the fault of my rig.. maybe my settings?

Next sunday is so far away!
What resolution? 970 should be plenty at 1080p. Reduce object draw distance to 2000m, and Arma loves them GHz. There's an option to enable hyperthreading support from the launcher, under "Advanced". Additionally, make sure DRAM is running the fastest it should (enable XMP from the BIOS). Finally consider using an SSD.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

EvilMachineDad

Post by EvilMachineDad »

Thanks SK !

Usually I get 40 - 60 fps at just under ultra settings. 8X aliasing Shadows on max
But last night I butchered my graphics settings to little effect :/ object draw was set below 1000, shadows and aliasing got pulled way down.

I don't think I have enabled hyperthreading.
I can't remember if I have enabled XMP!
I AM using an SSD though :)

So again, thanks!

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Seems like a few people were having fps issues, even on some extremely simple maps.

When I checked the server fps, it was at a nice steady 50, but I will keep an eye out for similar odd behaviour in the future.

Noyava

Post by Noyava »

Petrofied:
(Alternately titled: A series of bad decision that miraculously worked out for Noyava)

Ah, life as a member of a PMC - the guns, the gear, the fancy company issued watches! Hired to secure an insurgent cache we rolled in feeling very confident. Sure half our team was wearing high visibility yellow shirts, and we had a severely lack of head protection, but we were obviously going to win over some untrained insurgents. Should have been a walk in the park. Should have been...
We dismounted and Alpha 1 went out of a flank manuever, masked by a low hill. I was in Alpha 2, tasked as a base of fire element. We moved into our assigned position and immediately spotted a number of distant enemies up in the hills, but no movement in and around the village ahead of us. We started moving into the village to search for the cache. Suicide King, Boberro (i think) and I, spotted an insurgent who foolishly broke concealment less than 50m in front of us. He died quickly. Now we knew the village was occupied for sure, but we still had the advantage of being awesome PMCs, right?

We cleared a couple houses without any further sign of the enemy. I dared to think maybe they just had one scout down here in the village. Immediately the bullets started flying and SuicideKing, who was sweeping the outside of the building while myself and Boberro cleared the inside, was yelling "Shit, they're in the bushes! They're in the bushes! I'm down!" Boberro peaked out the door and took a bullet in the chest, and fell to the ground. I poked my gun out the nearby window and emptied a magazine (or two) into the bunch of reeds/bushes nearest the door. I was rewarded by seeing an enemy rifle fall forward into the open. I patched up Boberro and plunged into the long grass to clear them while he tried to recover SuicideKing - but it was too late for him.

In the history of bad ideas, walking through the reeds, when you KNOW the enemy is using them for ambushes, rates pretty high. But sometimes fortune favors the foolhardy. I walked up on a guy, who from behind, looked friendly. As he turned I realized his hat wasn't "On Brand" so I dumped a mag into him. Maybe he was from Red team, maybe he was an insurgent, maybe he was a lawn care professional in the wrong place at the wrong time. All I know his he wasn't wearing an Ion Storm hat so he had to die. In the response to the gun fire in the bushes Red team decided to throw frags into them. I turned and ran back the way I came as fast as I could, but I still took some shrapnel in my backside. That was going to be hard to explain (no, I wasn't running away from the ENEMY when I got hit in the back, I was running away from Friendlies. I swear!).

In the next five minutes everything went bad. Fire started coming in from the hills and from the houses to our west. As we tried to maneuver and engage people started dying left and right. Suddenly I was alone hiding (cowering?) behind a broken rock wall. Boberro was bleeding out in the street 30m away, but I couldnt' get to him. Alpha lead was down 100m to the east, begging on the radio for someone to come help him tape his guts back on the inside. Someone from Alpha 1 was yelling for help as his team was all down but had found the cache.

I choose to go die in a glorious charge on the cache. As I ran toward the compound Alpha 1 had marked I expected to die from the unseen gun who had killed my team at any second. I guess they thought they got us all because I managed to run across the open ground successfully. Again fortune favored my bad decision. I made it to the wall. Right as I arrived the last man on Alpha 1 called out he was hit and incapacitated. "There is at least one inside, right on the cache. Marker is accurate!". I threw every grenade I had over the wall toward the general direction of the cache marker. I peaked around, saw the cache, saw the disable friendly, and a couple dead insurgents. No one shot me in the face. All good! I moved in and cleared the buildings in the compound, then satisfied it was secure, I rescued the downed friendly.

We proceeded to throw grenades and shoot rockets at the Cache until it was destroyed. One down, one to go. That's right, 1 more cache, an unknown number of enmies, and we had TWO guys left. No problem. :? I scavenged as many hand grenades as I could and we started moving north toward the other possible site.

We made it all the way to north end of the compound we were in before we started taking fire! The insurgents had been moving in as we destroyed the cache. At least 3, maybe 4, of them were in the next compound north. The guy from Alpha 1 (whose name I cannot remember, sorry!) did a great job pinning them down in the house while I flanked around to the west. I managed to get right to the house they were inside, and chucked frags through the windows. (this was bad idea number 3. Depending on frags, in Arma, to go throw a small window successfully and for them to be effective). I went through the door after the frags went off to clear the building, when I came back out the door I spotted the last insurgent sneaking off to the east, trying to flank my friends position. A couple rounds down range and problem solved :clint:

PMC Wins! And with only two of us left alive our share of the payout was vastly increased :D

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

Heh thanks for doing all the hard work in Petrofied Novaya, I still claim credit for the cache though :P
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

Heh thanks for doing all the hard work in Petrofied Novaya, I still claim credit for the cache though :P
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Noyava

Post by Noyava »

Mabbott wrote:Heh thanks for doing all the hard work in Petrofied Novaya, I still claim credit for the cache though :P
Oh, was that you I picked up out of the dirt, bandaged up, and practically handed an RPG to? You can have the credit I guess :lol:

Seriously, it would have been a (total) disaster without your backup. thanks!

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Petrofied absolutely destroyed my FPS for some reason, wouldn't go above 15.
Problem carried onto the next mission until I restarted ArmA, after which it was fine.