[Sun] 06 Dec 2015 (...BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP...)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

[Sun] 06 Dec 2015 (...BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP...)

Post by Aqarius »

As we set off into battle, the 38 of us who gathered here today, we remembered to tie a goat in front of the Shrine of the Holy Stones, asking allmighty Zeus to grant us our daily hotfix, and deliver us from CTD. And lo and behold, It worked! Not a single crash, except for that actual crash, and not a single annoying bug, except for that annoying beeping bug. And for once, there weren't any... no, that happened too...

...I want my goat back.

As always, the comrade missionmakers of the party research division are glad to receive comments and experiences from their missions, so that they may improve upon them and render them flawless. The same applies to any other experiences. Also, the Party is always diligently working on many other projects to further the cause:
Any and all videos sent to the Party propaganda departement will be poured over by our experts, and, as the year's end approaches, such missives are especially valued.
If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.
If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.
Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Do you, like ourselves, consider it unacceptable to leave behind your insignia when leaving the server? Then look no further, the new patches are here! Stocks, however, are limited. The last year's batch is all gone now, I'm afraid, and so will this one, so act now!
[/allegedly]

zitron

Re: [Sun] 29 Nov 2015 (...BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP...)

Post by zitron »

You like shooting missiles at AI vehicles? Now they shoot missiles back at YOU!

Freyja
Host

Post by Freyja »

Hahaha, oh my god that missile. Nice capture!

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

Each of these missions were incredibly fun tonight, but Uprising really required some greater encouragement than what I could provide:

Fuhji

Re: [Sun] 06 Dec 2015 (...BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP...)

Post by Fuhji »

Comrade medic tried to kill patch me up by pushing me off the watch tower, got fried when our chopper tried to squeeze through some powerlines, chased AI around a castle then played scavenger with only a starter pistol for comfort and collecting everything from dead AI...

10/10 would crash again :D

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

You know Costno, I was wondering why NOBODY HAD ENOUGH AMMO THERE.... :argh:
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

There is only one noteworthy thing that happened from my perspective. I don't think it needs any introduction. I am very sorry for everyone that died there.

fer

Post by fer »

I want to point out that around 15 seconds after Alpha's helo hit the power lines, I experienced a real life power-cut at home (which is why comrade Ferrard Carson had to assume command mid-way through the mission). Coincidence? You decide ...

:science101:

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It was A GLORIOUS EVENING IN THE PARTY COMRADES!
Because every evening is a glorious evening in the party, don't you agree?
This evening however, started off with some members of the Party getting in some early training in slingloading cargo using the larger Mohawk helos, while other members of the Party... assisted with distraction training.

Counter espionage
Alpha Squad Medic with Wafflynumber (ASL)

Our plan for the first mission of the evening was to assault a base, steal two helicopters, use those to steal more trucks and then... profit? The plan was a bit vague after this stage tovarisch but I suppose it matters not. Our initial assault, despite Comrade Waffly's best attempts to kill us all with his driving, went rather well. We bounded forwards across a gently rolling terrain with lots of low walls and our assault on the base went very smoothly. My attempts to murder people by medicing them off high buildings failed, the enemy teletubbies exploded, and all was looking well. Then we flew to the next base to steal trucks. Unfortunately, the tail rotor on the Mohawk is a rather tall tail rotor indeed, and... well...

To be fair to Comrade intel, his piloting skills are much higher than that accident would suggest.

Bravo squad took the lead and assaulted the town, secured the trucks, Comrade BeforeLife slung several out (barely missing the top power line with one of them) and then returned to extract all the remaining troops from Bravo who were still doing that thing where they move their chests in and out to circulate air in their chest cavities. All in all, a nice successful mission that demonstrated that the Party pilots are well able to tackle complex tasks like slingloading while an entire town of AI are unloading rounds at them. Which discovery was duly noted by Party missionmakers...

Chain lightning
Pilot, TH1

A heliborne search-and-destroy mission this, and in Hellcats! Comrades, the Hellcat is a woefully underutilised helo in our missions, with its magnificent ambience and high troop carrying capacity not compromising its agility or armour, it was the perfect choice for this terrain. And our first pass over the AO, flying line abreast as we spotted enemies, proved it could be effective as a scouting platform.

Then the mission was to insert troops for a series of quick strikes. I dropped Alpha 1 in at LZ whiskey, exfil'd and then went to land to conserve fuel, following orders.
And fluffed the landing so that I was a metre too close to an unseen ramshackle shack. Which was somehow solid enough to destroy my main rotor. Some emergency measures and repairs later I was back in the air, flying sideways and slowly rotating due to antitorque damage, so I RTB'd, fully repaired the helo there, then headed back to the extract point for Alpha 1. Simple enough, get there, they never even realise I've been gone, all's grand.

And then while doing nearly 200kts and 200m or so up, an EI headshots me from 200m away with a single .50cal round through the cockpit window.

While not wearing any trousers. Honestly, talk about twisting the knife...

There were some fun moments in the mission that followed, including intel demonstrating that an "unarmed" helo can still attack infantry, the Wy55s getting some great action in, and a lot of confusion over the actual mission goals.

Uprising
ASL with AJAX (ASL)

This mission was interesting tovarisch - like the great Leninites of old, we started with little, used our little to steal a lot, then used our lot to attack the overwhelming fascist forces of the government! Unlike the great Leninites of old, our enemies had RPGs but still...

The initial assault went exactly as I thought it would for Alpha, with Comrade Eagle dying in the first 30 seconds after contact with the enemy, leaving me as CO. Comrade Eagle is truly committed to the Party's programme for officer training...

With our stealth assault somehow compromised, as if someone had been running around in full view shooting into the air, Alpha 2 had to withdraw from their overwatch location and rejoin 1 for the more traditional run-at-them-shooting approach. We cleared Cache 2, grabbed everything that wasn't nailed down and then ran to 1 to throw it at them. At 1 we found trucks and by now Bravo was not doing well, so I had Alpha mount up once geared up, and we legged it over to Bravo to help. This done, we headed to the base, but as we approached, the enemy AI realised that they had RPGs and we didn't like them. Things got... interesting. In the end, so interesting that we opted not to complete our assault, but instead leave all of our blood with the enemy for safe keeping.

AFTERPARTY

Saltriders

This has gotten so much better since the patch...

Helicopters

Bullets? Rockets? Pffft, child's play...

Night of the honking dead

Fun little panic source this...

Shipping Problems

The classic has been updated, fixed and polished. Nicely done!

Escape from Altis

We escaped! Sort of!
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse