[Sun] 03 Jan 2016 (Road trip!)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Sun] 03 Jan 2016 (Road trip!)

Post by Freyja »

Another sunday, another party of 36 brave adventurers. Together we laughed, we cried, we killed and we died, and we would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those damned AAF.

Playlist: We saw a lot of people die in a forest, then we saw a lot of people die in a city, and to finish it all off we took care of the killing first-hand. (And really, we should probably lock the door to our base when we leave it next time.)

As always, comments are most welcome below, especially with regards to new missions for ideas to improve existing missions and make shiny new ones. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

Patches patches patches patches patches patches patches patches patches patches patches patches: MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

fer

Re: [Sun] 03 Jan 2016 (Road trip!)

Post by fer »

ugl.png
ugl.png (281.3 KiB) Viewed 10428 times
Credit: Madrak the Red

Like I always say, the UGL is your friend. Unless, of course, it's being used by someone who isn't your friend. Then you're fucked. Seriously, comrades: S P A C I N G is your friend. Far too often, fireteams be like:
teamwork.png
teamwork.png (441.13 KiB) Viewed 10428 times
Bear in mind that in FAXORBAT 2015, FTLS, SLs and CO are typically equipped with UGLs and rangefinders. At distances of 100-200m, assuming they have some decent cover and are prone, they will have time to get your distance, dial it in on their UGL sights, and take a shot or two at you - even if under your fire. Morever, if you come under sustained UGL fire, withdraw. Although I killed the 4 people in that image using my UGL, I didn't know it at the time - and I clearly didn't kill everyone because a counter-barrage of UGL rounds began to rain down on our position. Knowing the enemy had us sighted-in made it senseless to try and hold the ridge, so we pulled back onto the reverse slope, then high-tailed it out of there. Result: we were able to enter the town from another direction and continue with our mission, at the cost of only one loss (to rifle fire, before the UGL rounds arrived).

Remember, until the Party issues a Glory order, it's okay to run away. Unless the Party subsequently decides it wasn't. Then you're also fucked.

:v:

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

To add on to Fer's post, the UGL counter barrage he describes? Delivered by a squad leader from 300m+ and not, strictly a counter barrage. The other nice thing about UGLs is that they're fairly quiet and there's no muzzle flash. (Blufor thought that Fer's UGL attack was in fact fire from an IFV at a completely different angle)

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

Turns out the IFV engaged us after we were all already dead
TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

madrak_the_red wrote:Turns out the IFV engaged us after we were all already dead
Just making sure Comrade, just making sure...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

A highlight video! Of driving! How exciting!

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

darkChozo wrote:A highlight video! Of driving! How exciting!
Lol at least the civilians were entertaining. :P
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

AmishStrikeForce

Post by AmishStrikeForce »

darkChozo wrote:A highlight video! Of driving! How exciting!
That was good stuff. I like your use of sound effects. :lol:
Also known as Spanks Masterson