[Sun] 10 Jan 2016 (Silenced mortars)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

[Sun] 10 Jan 2016 (Silenced mortars)

Post by Aqarius »

An army of 45 eager cops/robbers/soldiers/insurgents/insane pilot possy joined us tonight, and celebrated thier native land of Altis by blowing bits and pieces of it up.
From this, we have learnt three things:
  1. AAF jets suck
  2. Marshals rock
  3. Madrak Mabbot needs more dogfighting music
[/allegedly]

madrak_the_red
Host

Re: [Sun] 10 Jan 2016 (Silenced mortars)

Post by madrak_the_red »

*Mabbot need more dogfighting music

And yes, marshalls friggin rule
TURN OUT FOR WHAT

AJAX
Host

Post by AJAX »

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

Assault on Precinct 13

Here is how you died.

Aqarius wrote:From this, we have learnt three things:
  1. AAF jets suck
  2. Marshals rock
  3. Madrak Mabbot needs more dogfighting music
Are you not satisfied with the quality gear provided by the party?

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Sunday was fun.
It's what I like to see in a folk session - lots of high intensity action, where we don't always win or even do particularly well, but stuff falls apart and you have to keep your wits about you and do your best to finish the mission anyways. The first mission and "Pickup Artists" were great examples of this.

I loved the first mission, whoever made it did a great job with the design. Easy to get in, hard to get out. Alpha got wedged to the west, and my plan to get us back was solid until we got wedged between a bunch of foot mobiles and a GMG :lol:
I'll have to post a source of that as well, it was very intense :D

My footage of pickup artist (skip to 6:00) for what I'm calling a new world record (We did it first here folks!) for the fastest failure ever.
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

AmishStrikeForce

Post by AmishStrikeForce »

Assault on Precinct 13
I was in charge of gang #3. We came at the pigs compound from the rear. We slid through buildings like a hot knife through butter. Only encountered one pig and we fried up that ham on a .45 caliber stove. Then, we died...lots.

The mission was nice and I do love asymmetric PVP most of all, but I think the method of using gangster player count to counter the police weapons may not be the most fun for this situation. Maybe give the gangsters SMGs instead of pistols and then rebalance the crook to cop ratio somewhat? I dunno. Maybe we just used the wrong tactics given what we had to work with. Greater minds than mine shall suss out the answers, I'm sure.

Lights out
The mission went like this for me: the squad I was in (Charlie) pushed on the lighthouse. Blue team--of which I was a member--was told to cover the advance of red team. Gunshots echoed in the distance and a few seconds later, blue team was executed by decidedly unfriendly fire. Obviously we were not performing well enough for the Party. :commissar: It was good timing for me though, as my cat vomited all over the carpet scant moments later.

Bring it on home
I don't recall this mission? Someone help me out here.

Pickup artists
I was voluntold into the role of CSL. I'm getting better, but I'm not quite at SL level yet. :lol: What made it more challenging was that my Charlie FTL was AFK from the get-go, which was confusing as hell for me initially as I kept seeing his flag icon on the map hanging back and kept ordering and re-ordering his troops to haul ass to my current position...which they had done so...but since I didn't see them on the map (being in a different group and all) I kept thinking they were back with the AFK FTL. It was a tough challenge for me as a n00b SL. Props go out to ZeCatnip for getting squared away with CC and stepping up as defacto FTL.

Anyways, as a good follower of Party Commands, I did as our Glorious CO commanded and moved Charlie squad and our vehicle to a given position in the fastest, most logical way. This is now widely regarded as a poor life choice, as it left us exposed on an elevated ridge line with all manner of EI in the town nearby. And since NetKev was Zeus... Well... I think we all know how this movie ends. Charlie vic was nothing more than smuldering rubble (RIP Sparks & crew) moments later, though Charlie at large survived unscathed. After some initial confusion (see first paragraph) I got my act together and we pushed along the north-side of the road leading into town, clearing buildings as we went. Somewhere along the way, Charlie was obliterated, leaving only myself and a downed-many-times Charlie Medic. Only later did we realize it was that mean old Zeus again! Yes, Comrade NetKev slipped in amongst Charlie and--since he wasn't shooting--Charlie thought he was some lost soul from another squad. How horribly wrong they were.

Let it never be said that NetKev is purely sinister, for when I was crawling back to revive Charlie Medic at one point, an AI walked straight up to me. As I was stuck in healing animation for Charlie Medic, I could do nothing but gaze impotently as a barrel leveled at my face. Then the AI turned and began looking through Charlie Medics inventory.

The remnants of Charlie joined with the remnants of Bravo (which had already merged with the remnants of Alpha, I believe) and we carried on. Juliet reinforcements brought some necessary relief. The mission, as all Party Missions go (even when they fail), was a complete success. Huzzah!

Hold the line
I don't recall this mission either. Rather, I recall it, I just don't remember it, if that makes sense. Someone needs to post something to trigger my memory :lol:

I left after this and missed the afterparty unfortunately. Thanks for hosting Aqarius!
Also known as Spanks Masterson

AmishStrikeForce

Post by AmishStrikeForce »

I remember Bring It On Home now! Since we played it during yesterdays session again (couldn't find it in the DB for some reason). I'll post my thoughts over in that AAR though. And the reason I don't remember Hold The Line is because I think I had to leave before it got played... :-/
Also known as Spanks Masterson

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

Cracking session this one. Especially enjoyed pickup artists and hold the line (vics forever!)

Behold, a video

holy crap another one

TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

Watching Madrak's video of Hold the Line I saw a little dark spot that caught my eye.
Immediately before the explosions at the church compound this dark spot flew right by Madrak
I guess they were rockets that missed CV

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

Oh shit, I guess they were. That's pretty rad.
TURN OUT FOR WHAT