How we died (in the future)
fer

[Sun] 17 Jan 2016 (Flares)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Urban Assault
  • Assault and Battery
  • Grand Theft Ammo
Tonight we peaked at 34 comrades, which was just enough for some reasonably-sized adversarial missions and cooperative adventures. I plan to write more tomorrow, but for now let me just thank everyone who came along and the mission makers (for creating yet more new content for us to enjoy). Also, before the usual sign-off, I need to share this video, which comrade Kefirz thoughtfully posted to #general just before our paradrop in comrade darkChozo's wonderfully atmospheric Assault and Battery:

Every airbourne insertion should be conducted to this music. Seriously.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU didn''t just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Finally, some recommended reading for all comrades, new and old:
:v:

SuicideKing
Host

Re: [Sun] 17 Jan 2016 (Flares)

Post by SuicideKing »

Urban Assault feedback thread is up.

Had fun, especially darkChozo's mission. I just died in confusion in my own mission lol. OPFOR was really good. I think medic is my favourite role. Actually get to play most of the mission that way :D
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

darkChozo has redefined the term armoured warfare...

DoomMetal

Post by DoomMetal »

Fun times guys. This was my first time joining in and it definitely looks like this will become a regular thing for me. :D

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

I love missions at night with no NVGs. A3 has such a lovely lighting engine at night, it's a shame we don't get to see it unless it's all green more often.

TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Moar vids!

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Much fun was had.

But yeah.... I fucked up my recordings again.... this time in a new way: I only captured 3/4 of my screen. Y'know, eventually I'll get it right. The last 10 minutes of the afterparty was cool footage anyways

Here's the footage anyways.

Honestly, I'm going to make a fucking checklist that I go through before I start recording.

There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.