[Sun] 03 Apr 2016 (Things went poorly)

How we died (in the future)
Pooter
Host

[Sun] 03 Apr 2016 (Things went poorly)

Post by Pooter »

Thanks to all 34 poor souls for coming out on this glorious Sunday (it's glorious because we all died a lot). First we managed to barely escape with 2 of the truck in Grand Theft Ammo. Then we got surrounded and annihilated in Grand Theft Armor (Except for charlie's fabulous breakout, except they tried to take the IFVs so they detonated). We then shot each other and managed to barely detonate a bomb at a construction site in Uncivil Engineering 2. We then tried to rescue some civilians in Roadside Assistance, but we all shot each other instead. We rounded out the night with Budget Issues where Lynch ran off with Alpha's helicopter and then crashed it into the side of a mountain. Oops.

Runlist
And let us not forget that keeping the tubes sufficiently lubricated costs some amount in bribes and other expenses, so please check out our ongoing Server Fundraiser. The tubes will run without blockage until september 2016, where we shall migrate to our shiny new server and continue to bring glory to the party.

Our regularly scheduled Workshops still run on Sundays at 18.30 GMT if you wish to practice your tactical techniques in a safe*, welcoming environment.

And lastly, if you're feeling the jungle fever, fear not, as we are adopting Tanoa a week after it's official release. Start stockpiling your malaria pills today.

darkChozo
Host

Re: [Sun] 3 April 2016 (Things went poorly)

Post by darkChozo »

Grand Theft Ammo - A1 FTL
A1 served as our primary anti-air force, defending the northern flank against something-or-other and taking out two helicopters that were hovering and, I'm fairly certain, completely devoid of anything that could threaten our health and safety. We then gloriously withdrew, as Bravo raggedly limped back with only a few men left for reasons I choose not to explore.

Grand Theft Armor - CO
Looking back, my plan wasn't actually that terrible. Probably would have worked too, if there wasn't an entire flanking force that I hadn't been aware of. After that, there was a bit of tactical paralysis on my end; we probably should have retreated to the mountain and plinked at the guys that were actually in the way, but eh, who knows.

Uncivil Engineering 2 - Terrorist bombman
I got headshot about two seconds into this one by the police advance team. Don't walk up stairs that are facing the enemy, kids.

Roadside Assistance - TH1 Pilot
The infantry had trouble staying alive for this one. I managed to pick up one chalk and drop them off somewhere safe-ish. Would've gotten another, but...

(video version)

Budget Issues - BSL
Went okay until I died just as we were starting to extract. I have no memory of what happened after that. Definitely not something treasonous.