[Sun] 08 May 2016 (Staircase to Leanin')

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Sun] 08 May 2016 (Staircase to Leanin')

Post by audiox »

Tonight a peak 30 of us :hist101: :dance: :eng101: :hist101: :laugh: :siiigh:

We played : Afterparty :
  • Cloudline
  • Helicopters
  • RC Cars
  • Salt Riders
  • Cretins
As always, comments are most welcome below. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

madrak_the_red
Host

Re: [Sun] 08 May 2016 (Staircase to Leanin')

Post by madrak_the_red »

TURN OUT FOR WHAT

JafaCake17

Post by JafaCake17 »

Poor GeEom, some say he's still running to this day,

AJAX
Host

Post by AJAX »

As always, FolkARPS never lets me down. The good times to be had are crazy fun. I always try to write something for an AAR thread and just seem to run through my mind such a hazy string of memories all equating to be what turned out a fun and fantastic day. It's so hard for me to remember what happened on what mission. I guess I should start annotating it on my phone at the end of every mission. So it doesn't just become one long blur. I know we saved our CO audioX from certain death from those horrendous cretins trying to come and murder him. Somehow, a truckload of us managed to get away after we successfully destroyed the armor element of the Convoy. For some reason we were hanging around waiting for an enemy AI to come up and get a ride in the pickup truck with us... we also somehow managed to successfully complete Cloud line. We managed to ruin all of their day on top of that Hill. Oh, that's right, almost forgot that pooter nerkev and myself was turned into fried fricassee by some heavy piece of armor while manning one of the armored vehicles .. Thanks for the great times!

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

What I do is screenshot the briefing screen with the markers down and the team tab open. Helps recallfireteam and the general plan ;)

Hammer and Anvil
B2 R
Lots of fun, we were overwatch to the north of the target, and got some good fire in, even got to join in on that final rush to the base. Got lucky with my pcml and hit an entrenched technical which I could have sworn was a tank.

Having A2 land far away did kind of split alpha squad a bit, we didn't see them or were in a position to support by fire for most of the mission. On the flipside there wasn't that many troops to go around and I can see why CO had to split some off to ensure we all didn't meet too many surprises.

B2 bringing down the pain, AAF style. Mabbot proudly displaying the squad tag on his shoulder

Winter Invasion II
A1 AR
Lovely mission, especially the part about having two discrete objectives. A1 had a smooth entry into town, ASL went down while running past an open garage door. We lost most of the fire team advancing further into town. I was involved in an impromptu photo shoot with Comrade Bobbero. The three of us salvaged a truck and picked up Bravo and the mortar team on the way to the radio tower, I somehow managed to die shorty after, no clue how.

One thing I've noticed with the past couple of sessions is we got a fair number of new comrades who need gentle reminders on when it's appropriate to use TeamSpeak. Perhaps reiterating the "hello I see some new faces, now we are slotting please keep to side chat" halfway through the session or perhaps an even more condensed version of the getting started/etiquette guide on the website wouldn't go amiss.
Last edited by Boarnoah on Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Boarnoah wrote:One thing I've noticed with the past couple of sessions is we got a fair number of new comrades who need gentle reminders on when it's appropriate to use TeamSpeak. Perhaps reiterating the "hello I see some new faces, now we are slotting please keep to side chat" halfway through the session or perhaps an even more condensed version of the getting started/etiquette guide on the website wouldn't go amiss.
Just spam this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzxjknh0i99ikb6/myposter.png
[/allegedly]

shindigero

Post by shindigero »

http://imgur.com/a/fiTUs

Just a few screenshots from throughout Sunday's session. Sorry its just a URL link, not too sure how to post them in any fancier ways.

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Those pictures were really nice shindigero. Thanks for the post!