[Sun] 12 Jan 2020 (The Over 25 Rule)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Sun] 12 Jan 2020 (The Over 25 Rule)

Post by audiox »

Hey gang. A pretty darn rad 28 kewl dudez showed up to do the Arma do with us on this sunday, which was both scary (and went expectedly to hell) and awesome, because its really nice to see people still enjoying this game, and our weird little corner of it after *checks calendar*, oh god oh fuck six years. And thats just for Arma 3..... :shock:

Anyway, we had laffs, we had fails, we had displays of actual competence, we had CAS crashing straight into the ground and a 12 man Crucible shootout. So i say all was well. And we can blame Aqarius for rolling that 1 on his d20.....

We played :
  • Goisse Green (Costno)
  • Momentum (Flying)
  • Eminence Front (darkChozo)
  • Rainbow Bridge (NikkoJT)
  • Patrol Base (Costno)
  • The Crucible (NikkoJT)
You can review the missions we played tonight to improve your combat effectiveness score, using our R3 Mission Replay System.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

If you want a real FA flag all over your real body, click here to learn how to get a real FA t-shirt of your very own. Contributes to server operation as well as your Party status!

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.

audiox
Host

Re: [Sun] 12 Jan 2020 (The Over 25 Rule)

Post by audiox »

Also, here's a short little hosts take :

Goisse Green : The plan seemed pretty nice, as soon as everybody got on board with what it was and tried to execute it. Bit of a shame that our support vehicle got fucked so early, but thems the breaks. Alpha probably spread out a bit too much and i'm pretty certain the reinforcements decided that they wanted to join the party early, but hey at least parts of us got to die up by the scenic church. I honestly have no idea how CO group and some attachments managed to wiggle their way to victory in that one to be honest..... Also that AA system seemed to think it was something competely different. Any video of that from people that were alive?

Momentum : Yes, this is it! 28 doodz, super cool two squad Arma. What could possibly go wrong? Ah yes, yours truly could pick a shitty nighttime defense mission with way too many swarming deadly hostiles.... =/ Sorry about that one....

Eminence Front : So lets do it again with another super swarmy mission and slightly less players, and lo and behold the curse of being over 25 players was lifted. At least from Alphas perspective the route into town was interesting and not super deadly and the mission ramped up over time until anybody who hadn't gotten the partys specialized wheat field defensive maneuvering course were dead. Also, i like that there were so darned many kamyshes in that thing and i still feel as we could've gotten out with a bit more organization in our retreat.

Rainbow Bridge : Being the IDAP guy i don't know how it felt from the rescue force side of things, but the mission seemed to play out nice from my end. Scary encounters until we suddenly come across an injured rescue force guy and try to get out from jungle road helicopter landings, with the added bonus of one of the helicopters actually crashing into the trees but making it back down to ground without killing everybody, which was super cool.
Then some weird ending trigger thing happened and you guys didn't get to play out your desperate defense waiting for the chopper to come back to rescue you all, which sucked.

Patrol Base : What's the deal with me and picking missions that lead us all into AI-swarm doom for this session anyway? This mission was super fun and pretty well organized up until -that- house and -that- open field. Whereafter we all slowly but surely succumbed to our own idiotic ability to not just decide to nope the fuck out of there. Which, y'know, IF ANYBODY HAD READ THE BRIEFING WE SHOULD'VE KNOWN WAS A PERFECTLY VIABLE OPTION AT THAT STAGE.... :smile:
But hey, we got to watch one CAS run before it was shot down?/the pilot decided we weren't cool enough for more than one more boom. And the helicopter overhead was a nice toy to have.
Also, at least one player learnt the valuable lesson that if an HMG technical drives past you and seems not to notice you its a really really really bad idea to take a potshot at it......

The Crucible : 12 PLAYER CRUCIBLE, MAYHEM, MURDER, TRACTORS :