[GM] 12 September 2020 (Helo to the face!)

How we died (in the future)
Teifiterror
Host

[GM] 12 September 2020 (Helo to the face!)

Post by Teifiterror »

17 highly trained cardboard car drivers attended tonight's 1983 themed evening of fun and frivolities in the world of GM, much fun was had with "old-skool" gear and our senses were heightened without all the modern trimmings of GPS and armour.

Our first mission Turbulence saw us cross the enemy border to explode three planes, the first objective went really well giving everyone the confidence that this wasn't as much a suicide mission as a walk in the park. However the enemy had other ideas and soon caught wind of our plans and meant the element of surprise was lost. This mission ended in an enemy helo crash landing in the CO's face, a sniper downing everyone during extraction and an enemy IFV disrupting things very effectively, four of the original 16 team got out though, so all in all a win!

During our second mission we bravely entered enemy territory to destroy some missile launchers, things went well with only a third of the group landing in powerlines and trees in their parachutes. After that we were given a morale boost by a quick destruction of an enemy APC, however from there our confidence got the better of us as we thought we could take on a forest, which went "badly". Partial success though!

Our brave Russian cosmonauts who managed to "land" behind enemy lines were bravely rescued and brought across into friendly territories. In their wake were left numerous brave soldiers who sacrificed themselves (along with the "turn left" button in the APC). Things got off to a good start as we dodged numerous civilian vehicles on a 4 lane highway and got stopped numerous times by some over eager traffic wardens who took offence at our IFV destroying their precious autobahn.

The last mission didn't not occur and has been wiped form the records, this may or may not have something to do with me hitting our CO in the face with an RPG rocket, me driving over a comrade attempting to rearm in our vehicle and then shooting madrak as he ran round a corner while we were in the process of attempting to rescue him. It was exciting though.

And finally we shot potatoes at each other and had a great laugh!

Runlist:
  • Turbulencer [Co-op Zeus]
  • ATACMS_Show [Co-op]
  • The Men Who Fell to Earth [Co-op Zeus]
  • River at Ribbensted [Co-op]
  • House Rules C [After Party]
  • House Rules C [After Party]
More GM events will happen, someday, somehow. Keep an eye out!

All players, and especially team leaders, are reminded that a new set of informational channels have been added to our Discord in the TTP_FA channel group. Read and learn, comrades.

Remember to check out, promote, and contribute to the Party YouTube channel using this elegant and finely-crafted link.

If you would like to get some help with becoming an excellent leader :commissar: why not check out the Leadership Programme? This will let you get direct access to a host who will be happy* to guide you through commanding a mission, especially if you have a cruel and devious plan.

You may have noticed that some people have FA flags all over them. You may have thought "wow, what a cool guy! I want to be like them when I grow up!" Well, there's no need to grow up just yet. Instead, click on this link here and you too can have an FA flag of your own.

If you want a real FA flag all over your real body, click here to learn how to get a real FA t-shirt of your very own. Contributes to server operation as well as your Party status!

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com, or click here to use the Party's new and improved organ donation service.

stonie

Re: [GM] 12 September 2020 (Helo to the face!)

Post by stonie »

ATACMS_Show [Co-op]
We inserted with the kind of parachute that makes you a slowly, steadily sinking target. Pickers and I were dropped far behind the LZ so we had some catching up to do. On our way in the tree tops we spotted a wild parachute in its natural habitat.
On our way to first objective we cleared a smaller village. For didn't make it the second one.
Sidenote: Sorry, Flying you ran right in front of my rifle (@24:40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAMht4PI2d4

The Men Who Fell to Earth [Co-op Zeus]
British driving multi-ton IFVs on German roads, was.... interesting.
We encountered a roadblock and I immediately got downed. Costno immediately made friends with the locals by shooting an unarmed civilian driver who nearly caused a major accident after he tried to evade Costno who was carelessly running around on a multi-lane country road. The civilian tried to escape, but Costno showed no mercy.
Our BMP driver didn't notice we weren't with him anymore, but wasn't with us all anymore soon after.
We started clearing a town, I got downed once more, we found our Kosmonauts, stole an BMP, and made it to the boarder.
After passing the thing that's supposed to prevent people from going west across the boarder, we noticed that the extraction zone was a bit further west and that thing actually worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj7zqLXXxPo

River at Ribbensted [Co-op]
We inserted with the IFV and a driver that's definitely not fit to drive multi-ton vehicles at any speed anymore.
We cleared a bunker at our way to Ribbensted. We proceeded through the town clearing buildings.
Unfortunately, I got killed by the enemy that downed pickers.
The rest proceeded through the town, but many got decimated by an enemy AA(?) far out.
Madrak tried to hold his position, surrounded by a tank an tons of enemy infantry. Luckily his comrades, after retreating at first, came back to rescue him. Teifi, apparently shot Madrak in the face, though. Partial success.
The rest lagged to safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFQVkc66qoY

Afterparty
Makarovs and potatoe cannons. Nothing more needs to be said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yirv671fhCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apsDrd2sqk0
My Folk ARPS visual archive:
2017|2018|2019|2020|2021